Chapter Sixteen (When Trying Fails)

TO REFRESH WHAT HAPPENED RECENTLY ON EVERYONE NEEDS A SUPERHERO~~~~ "Rydel and Ell are SO meant for eachother! He just doesn't know it yet."

Ross laughed. "I'm pretty sure they said that about us too."

"And look where we are! I swear this whole family has psychic powers when it comes to soulmates."

He laughed again and pulled me in for a hug. He whispered in my ear, "You think we're soulmates?"

I felt a shiver travel all the way up my spine and I weakly answered, "Y-y-yes."

He leaned back a little so we were looking into eachother's eyes and he said flirtatiously, "Well that makes two of us."

He started to lean in slowly.

When his face was a centimeter away from mine, I felt a buzz from my phone and leaned away from our precious moment.

"Oh come on," Ross yelled. "That phone is ruining everything!!"

I took my phone from my pocket and read the scary words I was hoping this guy wouldn't text and more freaky stuff: "Yep. It's me. You thought you killed me. Well, you were wrong. And now, I want to kill you. You and your friends."

I bit my lip.

How was he alive?

How had I not killed him?

And he wants to kill me and my friends?

That idiot can hurt me all he wants but if he makes one move on my friends, I'll fricking slice his throat open next time I get my hand on a knife. ~~~~~~~

LAURA's POV:

I went to bed that night feeling sick to my stomach, and not just because I ate too much of that stuff Ross was making. This sick feeling in my stomach was more like a nervous, queasy feeling.

I texted Dallas after he revealed himself and what he wants to do to me and my friends.

I had said, "Don't touch my friends. I don't care what you do to me. Just don't lay a finger on them."

He hasn't texted back since then and I am freaking out.

I still don't know how he's alive after I watched him die.

Maybe some people found him in his house, cold as the bottom of a rock dug in the sand at a beach on a summer night. Maybe they brought him to the hospital, and despite how dead he looked, he still had some life in him.

God, I don't know. However he's still alive, I don't care. I just wish he wasn't. I know it's mean to wish death upon someone but he's already wished death upon me, so what does it matter?

I turned around in my bed when I started to get uncomfortable in the spot I was laying in.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and tried so desperately to fall asleep.

But I couldn't.

I was too uncomfortable.

I got up from my bed, and leaving my phone there, left the room.

I headed over to Ross's room like I always do when I'm upset. I walked in his room silently.

Ross was awake, reading a book.

I walked over to his bed and he turned to me.

He put his book down. "Hey, Laur. You alright?"