Chapter 42 (Definitely Wanting Love)

LAURA'S POV:

I wandered around Bermuda for the next four hours, just walking, thinking. It came to be ten and I had no idea where I was, but if I was conpletely honest with myself, I didn't really care. So, I was lost. Maybe it be better off for my family if I just went missing.

Oh snap out of it Laura, I told myself. I can't let what just one of my fans said bring me back to the way I was a couple of months ago. I was stronger than that.

I began to walk in the direction that I came from. I looked around at the ocean to the left of me.

I took out my phone and tapped the 'Contacts' button.

I was too tired to remember Ross' number.

As I scrolled down to his name, I walked closer to the water.

Trees were cowering over me, shading my eyes from the bright moon.

I tossed my flip-flops off of my feet and rested my stressed toes in the nice, cold water.

I tapped 'Call' on Ross' contact and it rang a few times.

I felt a sudden tickle on my toes and my reflexes kicked in causing me to jump causing my phone to fly out of my hands and plop into the shallow water.

I knealed down quickly and bit my lip as little skocks of lightning came from the back of my phone.

I carefully picked it up and placed it in my back pocket.

I guess calling for help was out of question.

Feeling another tickle on my toes, I looked down and noticed these tiny fish sucking on my big toe.

I took a small, step back and sat on the sandy ground.

Why couldn't anything go my way?

I stared at the small fish as they swam around. There were lucky. They had eachother.

The tiniest fish of them all swam to the right, away from all the others.

The bigger fish swarmed eachother as if trying to find their friend.

The biggest fish saw the tiny fish, swam to it then back to it's family.

Soon, all the fish surrounded the smallest one and they all seemed happy again.

What if that never happened for me? What if I'll always be alone?

As I watched the fish, I felt my face become weak.

It took me a second to realize that I was crying but when I felt the warmth on my cheeks, my arms were up and my fingers grazed right below my eyes as I stopped the tears from falling.

I gave up on trying to dry my face for no one was even near me to see me break down.

I let the tears fall as I waited and waited for my family to find me.

If I had tried finding my way back to the ship I'll end up more lost than I already am.

ROSS' POV:

~The Next Morning~

BANG, BANG, BANG!

I opened my eyes and let the morning sun from the small window in the back wash over me.

BANG, BANG, BANG!

I perked up and looked towards tge door.

BANG, BANG, BANG!

"Hold up," I yelled sleepily. "I'm coming!"

As I walked towards the door, I stretched my arms out exhausted.

BANG, BANG, BANG!

I groaned. What was going on?

I held the doorknob and opened the door.

"Laura never came back last night!"

The words spilled out before I could comprehend it and before I even noticed Rydel's frantic attitude.

"What?" I asked confused.

She bit her lip, bounced her left leg up and down, and played with her hands as she responded, a little slower this time, "It's Laura. She's missing!"