Chapter Seven (New Crush)

I walked out of Laura's room feeling guilty. I shouldn't have fought with her over this, not after what happened earlier today. I was already getting teary-eyed.

I scrambled to get downstairs.

"Rydel," I yelled once I was on the last step.

"She's taking a shower right now."

I turned to the left towards the living room to see Riker in there, sitting on the couch. I sighed before walking towards him and sitting down next to him on the couch.

"Are you okay," he asked me.

I shook my head. "I just got in a fight with Laura over her boyfriend."

(keep in mind, she doesn't know about what happened between Laura and Dallas the day before yet)

Riker raised his eyebrows. "She has a boyfriend?"

I nodded.

"Oh," he said. "Well Ross, won't be too happy to hear that."

I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "What do you mean? Does he still like her?"

Riker shrugged. "Yeah. It's been six years but he still loves her more than ever."

I looked down. "I wonder if she remembers how much she used to love him too."

Riker smiled. "You remember that last day you guys were here?"

This time I smiled. "Yeah. The day they finally expressed their feelings for one another.

My smile fell. "I wish they were like that now."

Riker shrugged. "Ross said he was going try to win her back."

I chuckled. "Really?"

"Yeah. Really."

"Well, I'd certainly like him a lot better as my sister's boyfriend than Dallas."

Riker tilted his head to the right as to look confused. "Dallas? That's Laura's boyfriend's name?"

I nodded.

"Laura mentioned a guy named Dallas earlier."

"That's what Ross told me before we got here," I said. "Long story short, Dallas wasn't a very nice guy and everyone saw it but Laura. He was rude to her. He hit her. He said she was things she wasn't. I warned her. I told her she should stay away from him or that she should at least stick up for herself next time Dallas made a rude remark or threatened to hurt her. I just wanted the best for my sister but Laura wouldn't hear it and look where she ended up. She was about to do something terrible to herself that the guy I specifically told her stay away from caused. I just... I can't deal with the stress anymore."

A tear flew out of my eye. I wiped it away quickly.

I continued with my rant. "Then I went and acted stupid in front of her, accusing her for not listening to me and causing her own pain. I mean, why the hell did I do that, especially after what she tried to do to herself earlier? I feel so stupid for hurting her. What if my scolding made her even more depressed than she already is? What do you think Riker? Do you think I did?"

I looked into his eyes.

He hesitated. "I think... I think you're pretty."

My jaw dropped a few centimeters. "What," I asked softly.

He snapped out of his dreamy state. "I mean, I don't think it made her any more depressed.

I continued to look into his eyes. "You think I'm pretty," I asked.

He blushed. "Kinda."

I turned my head so I wasn't making eye contact with him anymore. I didn't say anything. But oh my goodness. He thinks I'm pretty? Did he... Did he like me?

Cause I don't know why but his cute comment kinda made me like him.

Yay!! Who wants Ranessa? Cause I could make it happen if you want me too. <3 Just comment a smiley face - :) - for yes and a frowny face - ): - for no.