Chapter Twenty One (Don't Lose Hope)

ROSS' POV:

Once the police came, I called my family and told them I had Laura. Then, both of us drove back to my place.

For some reason, she kept crouching over in pain.

She claimed she was just sore but I can't help but think she's not telling the truth.

LAURA's POV:

We quickly arrived at the Lynches and we walked inside.

Immediately, people surrounded me in hugs.

"Ow," I yelled.

Everyone pulled away.

"Sorry," I said. "I'm just really sore."

Vanessa held my shoulder. "Laur, you had me scared out of my pants.

I smiled weakly.

I looked around. I was about to explode.

"Um, guys... If you could excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom."

Stormie smiled. "Go ahead, Darling."

I carefully and inconspicuously held my stomach. I slowly walked up the stairs and found my way to the bathroom. I walked in and shut the door.

I tried hard to stop the tears from flowing.

I took hold of the bottom of my shirt and pulled it up and over my head. I threw it on the ground behind me.

I looked at my skin in the mirror and moved my hand from the spot right below my stomach.

Blood.

Blood on my hand, blood near where my abdomen should be. Blood everywhere.

That's when I couldn't hold it in any longer. Tears poured out of my eyes.

I opened up the cabinet that was in there and pulled out a washcloth. I turned on the sink and wet the cloth thoroughly.

Carefully, I placed the cloth on the wound.

It quickly soaked up a bunch of blood, enough to start dripping all over the floor.

I grabbed another washcloth, wet it and held it against the cut but it wasn't enough.

There was too much blood coming out of the cut to stop it.

I dropped both cloths on the floor and leaned up against the wall in the bathroom.

I was going to die. I just know it.

I heard a knock on the door. "Laura? You okay in there?"

I didn't say anything.

The door opened and every one of the Lynches, my sister and Ratliff walked in on me.

I swear all their jaws dropped when they saw the condition I was in.

"Oh my god," my sister said. "What happened?"

"Dallas," I said simply.

Ross blew up. "He did this to you?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

I didn't answer.

Stormie bit her lip. "I'll call for an ambulance. As for the rest of you, I think you should leave Ross and Laura to talk alone."

Everyone except Ross and I left.

I slid down the wall and sat up against it.

I looked up at the love of my life.