Chapter Eight (Remembering)

LAURA'S POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright Laura," my sister called from the doorway. "It's time to go. Our parents want us home to finish packing for your tour!"

I grumbled. "Ugh! Do we have to go right this second? We're watching The Newsroom right now!

"Yes, Laura," she yelled.

I looked around at all my friends. Ross was sitting on the right side of me on the couch while Rydel was sitting on the left. Ratliff sat next to her. Rocky, Ryland, and Riker sat on the floor.

They were all looking at me sadly.

"Okay, Vanessa," I yelled back at her. "I'll be in the car in a few minutes."

Everyone groaned.

"Do you guys have to leave," Rydel asked.

"Yeah," Riker added. "You should just blow off tour and say to your fans, 'sorry guys. You're all awesome but my friends are better.'"

"You know what would be better then staying here with us," Rocky said. "Bringing us with you."

"Yes," Ryland added. "You're going to Paris right?"

"Ooh, and Australia," Ratliff added.

Ross didn't say anything. He just looked down, seemed kind of sad.

I shrugged. "You know going on tour is my dream, guys. I can't just give it up. I wish I could bring you all with me but I can't. And yes, I'm going to Paris. And to Australia."

I stood up.

"No," Rydel yelled, jumping to the floor and holding onto my legs. "You're not going."

I chuckled. "I'm sorry Delly, but I got to do this."

She let go of my leg.

I walked over to the coat rack and took my jacket off of it. I put it on.

I turned back to them. I glanced at Ross. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his.

"Bye guys," I said. "See you in a few years."

"Bye Laur," they said back.

I opened the door and took a step outside.

"Wait!!"

I turned around to see Ross, rushing towards me.

Sighing, I said. "Ross, I don't have time for this."

Without any explanation, he took my wrist and pulled me into the kitchen.

"Ross. What's wrong," I asked him.

"You can't go," he protested

I rolled my eyes. "But I have to."

"No you don't," he said. "Stay here with me!"

I closed my eyes and as I opened them a small tear flew down my face. "You're making this a lot harder for me then its supposed to be," I said.

Ross took a deep breath. "They say when you love something, let it go...." He paused. "But I don't want to let you go."

My lips parted as I realized what he just confessed.

I couldn't say anything.

He sighed. "Fine. You still want to go. I respect that, but before I let you leave me, I need to try something."

He walked up to me and I nervously backed up into the wall. He put his hand up on the wall, just above my head. He took his other hand and caressed my cheek.