Chapter 41 (Wanting Space... or Wanting Love?)

LAURA'S POV:

After the hour long line of autographs and checking out Horseshoe Beach a little bit, I, almost in tears, headed back the way I came. I hopped on a bus and in half an hour, I was back where we had started.

I walked towards the big boat that towered over me.

I stopped at the bench we had promised to meet up at later.

I sat down and let tiny, soft tears fly out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

No one loved me, a voice kept saying in my head.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

My stomach was uncomfortable so I rubbed it to the rhythm of the wind.

Soon, drowsiness took over me, and I dozed off.

ROSS' POV:

It came to be five thirty and we finally found the perfect ring.

When I saw it, I knew it was the one.

I'm planning to give it to her tomorrow on one of the beaches.

We headed back to the port, and to the bench all of us were supposed to meet at.

When we got there, Laura was passed out.

She looked so peaceful and cute.

I poked her shoulder and nothimg happened.

I kissed her forehead, and as I leaned back, I noticed her cheeks become a bright shade of pink.

"Hey you guys," I heard someone yell.

I turned to the right. My mom, dad, Ryland, and Rocky were coming towards us.

"Where's Ellington," Rydel asked.

Rocky smirked. "He's right behind us."

As they moved out of the way, Ell stepped foward with a bouquet of red roses.

Rydel's mouth dropped open. "Aww, Ratliff?!"

LAURA'S POV:

My eyes slowly opened. I looked around. Everyone was here and Rydel seemed really happy.

I sat up inconspicuously.

"I love you my Delly Sandwich," Ell said holding up some flowers to her face.

She took them and sniffed.

"Aww," she cooed. "I love them! Thank you!"

He laughed. "Your welcome. I figured that I should get you a gift. I know you've been stressed lately."

Vanessa elbowed Riker in the side. "Where's my gift?"

Riker shrugged and smirked.

"Yeah," I spoke. "What about me, Ross?"

I had meant it as a joke but everyone turned their heads toward me.

Ross freaked out.

No one said anything.

"Wow," I snickered stoically. "This is the most attention I've had all week."

"Laura," Ross said trying to act happy to see me. "You're awake?"

I sighed. "So, no gift?"

He shook his head.

Ryland coughed a few words I couldn't understand and Ross turned to him and slapped his shoulder.

Stormie broke the awkward silence. "So, you guys want to go to dinner now?"

I shook my head. "I'm good. You guys go ahead on to get something to eat. I'll be back up before ten."

They all looked at eachother.

"If you're sure," Mark finally said.

I nodded. "Yeah, I need some more time on my own, I guess."

They all looked at eachother again before Ross said, "Okay. See you then," and pecked my lips.

They walked towards the boat as I walked away from it, unsure of where I was going to go but sure that I had to get away from them. I needed time to really think... alone.