Chapter Twenty-three (Infertile But Happy)

RYDEL's POV:
"Ratliff, stop" I said laughing.
"Nope," he said as he continued to bite my neck.
I bit my lip as he found a soft spot and I pulled him off of me slightly. "We shouldn't be doing this right now, Ell," I told him as I stared at his tempting bare chest.
"Why not?"
"Because," I argued. "Laura's in the hospital right now. She could be dying. And we're here close to doing what Laura tried but failed to do to Ross before she left."
Ratliff gulped. "Do you think she'll die?"
I bit my lip. "I sure hope not, but only time will tell. Until then, I don't think we should be this intimate towards each other. We need to focus on Laura and her survival."
My phone buzzed.
I looked over at it sitting on the bedside table.
I picked it up.
Ross was calling me.
"Oh my god," I muttered before answering the call.
"What happened," I asked. "Is she okay? Did she die? Is she going to live? What happened?" I asked again.
Ross snickered. That's a good sign. He's happy!
"So?"
"She's alright," he finally answered.
I sighed of relief.
"But," he continued. "She was unfortunately stabbed in a very sensitive spot and the doctors said she is now infertile."
My jaw dropped. I looked at Ell with shock in my eyes.
His eyes widened. I think he could sense how surprised I was
"What happened," he asked.
I didn't answer him. I let Ross continue. "So, we're both a little disappointed but we're working through this upsetting news. We talked to the doctor and he said she could go home later tonight but Laura wants to show me something before we go straight home. I don't know how long that's going to take but we'll probably be home sometime early tomorrow morning."
"Alright," I said sympathetically. "Well, I'm sorry about that news. All of us will still be awake by the time you get home so we can welcome her back."
"Okay. See you later. Tell everybody what's going on, for me?"
"I will. Ttyl!"
I hung up and looked over at Ell.
"So," he asked.
I said stoically, "Put those clothes back on."
LAURA's POV:
~Later That Night~
I was just released from the hospital and I am feeling great. I mean, besides the fact that I've been nauseous this whole day.
Ross was now driving us to the city part of LA so I could show him Aggy.
Even though I'm infertile, I still know the perfect child for me.
"So, where is it," Ross asked me.
I pointed out the window at the alley. "Right there!"
He turned the steering wheel so he could pull over to the side of the road.
He parked the car and we both got out.
We took eachother's hands before walking down the alley towards where Aggy should be.
"So, what did you want to show me," Ross asked.
I didn't answer him.
I noticed the trashcans that I slept against last night and I made my way towards them.
She was in front of them, like I left her this morning.
Ross' jaw dropped. "Oh my god," he said sounding kind of shocked.
I knelt down in front of Aggy and shook her shoulder.
She moved around a little bit but didn't wake up.
"Hey, Aggy! Wake up, Sweetie," I said shaking her shoulder again.
Her eyes fluttered open and when she noticed it was me kneeling in front of her, her tired face quickly became bright.
"Mommy," she yelled excitedly jumping up at me for a hug. "You're still here!!"
After a few seconds, she let go of me and I looked at Ross to see him looking completely and utterly shocked. He stuttered, "Um... Mommy?!"
Aggy nodded happily. "Yep, she's been my mommy since yesterday! She said she was going to leave yesterday but she came back because she loves me!"
Ross looked confused.
I snickered and mouthed at him, "I'll explain it later."
He nodded.
I turned back to Aggy. "How long have you been living here again?"
She shrugged. "For a few years I think."
I smiled. "Well, would you like to ditch the garbage cans and sleep in a real bed tonight?"
Her eyes widened. "Would I? Of course," she yelled excitedly.
"Great," I said. "Let's bring you to our place now!"
Ross coughed to get my attention.
I looked at him.
"I mean, if it's alright with him, anyway."
He nodded. "It's definitely cool if she comes. I just wanted to know if since she's calling you mommy, would it be alright if she... you know... called me Daddy?"
I was about to answer but Aggie spoke before I got a chance to.
"I already had a Daddy but he died of Cancer. If you're gonna be my new daddy, please promise me you're not going to die like him."
I felt my heart break into a million pieces when she said that and I could tell Ross could say the same thing cause I noticed a small tear fall down his face.
He knelt down in front of Aggy and took her hand. He sniffled out, "I promise."
Aggy smiled. "Okay. I love you, Daddy!"
She wrapped her arms around Ross' neck and gave him the cutest little hug I have ever seen.
And Ross hugged back, so sweetly, like he really wanted to be her father.
It was fricking adorable.
I couldn't wait to bring her home and show her to the others.
Sure, I may be infertile. But who cares? I already have the perfect little girl and even though she isn't my real daughter I feel like she's a part of me.