Chapter Twelve (A Few Kisses)

ROSS's POV:

After Laura woke up, we gave her a glass of water and sat her down at the kitchen table.

"It won't happen again," Laura said trying to ensure my parents that she wasn't going to try anything else in our house

"Are you positive," my mom asked.

Laura nodded. "Yeah, positive. I just... had some sort of relapse type thing today. I promise, its not going to happen again."

My mom nodded. "It better not..... Alright, fine. You can stay, but don't think you can get away with anything anymore. We'll be keeping an eye on you, especially Ross."

Laura looked to me and gazed into my eyes. "I'm okay with that."

I smiled.

"Alright," my mom said. "It's settled. Now, hurry along you two. Let Mark and I talk in private for a little bit.

We nodded and left the kitchen together. We entered the living room where everyone else was.

When they saw us walk in the room, they perked up. "So..." Rydel started.

"She can stay," I finished with a smile.

Everyone sighed of relief and came up to us, patting Laura on the back.

"What now," Riker asked.

"Things are all cleared up for the most part," Rocky said. "Now, why don't all of us just hang out, do normal teenage things and such."

"But none of us are really teenagers anymore," Rydel said.

Ryland raised his hand. "I'm still 17 and three quarters."

Everyone laughed. Rydel's eyes widened. "How about we play truth or dare?"

All of us guys groaned.

It always has to be truth or dare.

"No way," Riker said. "It always ends badly for someone, or becomes wicked inappropriate and uncomfortable for everybody."

"Yeah," I added. "Laura just got out of a really uncomfortable situation. No need to put her back in another one."

"Actually," Laura said. "I like truth or dare. Besides, maybe it could take my mind of some things."

Rydel smiled. "See, Laura wants to play. Why don't we all just suck it up and play as well? For Laura, guys. Come on!"

I rolled my eyes and grumbled. "Fine, I'll play."

"I'm in," Vanessa said.

"I guess we'll play too," Riker said, speaking on behalf of the other other guys and himself. "But no uncomfortable stuff and whatever, okay?"

Rydel nodded. "Okay. Now, everyone sit down."

We sat on the ground, me next to Laura, and all of us looked at one another nervously.

"Who wants to go first," Rydel asked.

Laura raised her hand. "Me please."

I turned to her and whispered, "Are you positive, Laur?"

She nodded.

"Alright Laura," Rydel said. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Laura said firmly.

Everyone's eyes widened. "You shouldn't have said that," Riker said. "Rydel is the master at dares.

Laura shrugged like it was nothing then turned back to Rydel.