Chapter 36 (Sleeping In)

RYDEL's POV:

It took us hours to find Lauren's parents.

When we did, they were so happy. They said that they were now indebted to us. They called us their heroes.

We said that they didn't have to do anything for us, but when we walked up to a bar that was right beside us to finally ask for a cup of tea just in case Laura never fell asleep, they demanded that they pay for it on their own room keys.

We tried to argue, telling them that it was really fine, but they wouldn't take no for an answer.

Once we finally let them buy us a cup, we headed to the elevators.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket to check the time.

My eyes widened. "Damn," I said surprised. "It's already one thirty."

My mom raised her eyebrows as the door opened letting us inside. "Wow! Already?"

I nodded.

We traveled up to our deck and left the elevator.

Riker was running over to the area.

Our mom stopped him. "What's going on?"

He said very rushed, "Ross needs me at the adult lounge. He's worried because he dropped Laura's ring in the ocean."

My eyes widened. "Her promise ring?"

Riker nodded. "Everyone's gonna meet Ross on the tenth floor to talk about it in five minutes."

My mom looked at me and bit her lip. "Can we come with," she asked my other brother turning towards him.

He nodded. "Of course. The more help Ross can get, the better. He's a complete mess right now.

We headed back into the elevator to travel up to Ross.

He was really excited to give Laura that ring. I can't imagine how he's feeling, having lost it.

LAURA's POV:

~The Next Day~

My eyes fluttered open.

I took a whiff of the air.

I smelt pancakes.

I looked over at my sister sitting on the couch.

She had a plate of pancakes in her lap and her eyes were focused on the TV.

I sat up and groaned as my stomach did a flop.

Vanessa looked over at me. "Good afternoon, sleepy head."

I closed my eyes and rubbed my head tiredly. "Afternoon?"

She nodded. "It's three pm, Laur. You slept in real late. Granted, I slept in until noon..." she trailed off.

I looked at her pancakes and at what looked like the 'Delivery Man,' playing on the TV. "How...?"

She glanced at the TV then back at me. "I rented a movie and got room service to bring some pancakes over. This was supposed to be your plate, but I got hungry."

I shrugged. "Oh well," I said climbing down the ladder to the top bunk. "God knows I would've thrown it up anyway... What have the others been doing while I was asleep?"

She snickered a nonsensical snicker. "Heck if I know. I just got up, remember?"

Once I was two steps away from standing flat on the ground, I hopped onto the floor of the room and walked over to the couch.

Sitting down, I said. "Yeah. Three hours ago."

She rolled her eyes. "I went to bed late last night."

I nodded. "Yep... I know. I didn't get to sleep until one in the morning and at that time, none of you were even back yet. What were you guys doing anyway? Karaoke? Drinking? What?"

She sighed. "Probably drinking because I have no clue of remembrance to what went on last night."