Chapter 44 (Going All Rose on It)

LAURA's POV:

I traveled up to the outside deck and walked to the back of the boat.

The ship had already turned around.

I stood against the railing and looked out at the water, at the small part of Bermuda we could still see.

I wanted to feel free. Right now, standing on the back of the outside deck, tasting the salty moisture in the air, I did not feel free. 

I felt nauseous and like something was already on it's way up my throat.

Closing my eyes, I knelt to the ground and tried taking deep breaths. 

A heart beat overwhelmed my stomach area and my breaths all of a sudden wouldn't come.

I found my mind traveling to a thought that I've been considering for the past few days since they all left me alone that first day on the boat.

Could I be... Depressed again?

I mean, I should be able to tell if I'm depressed or not, right?

Everyone's been off doing their own thing. Ross was like, avoiding me, and everyone else would only speak to me if I told them something was wrong.

It's almost as if they didn't care about my stomach problem anymore.

It's like, they were only avoiding me because they didn't want to deal with me and the difficulty that comes along with my problems.

Yeah. I was definitely depressed.

I didn't know what has been going on with my recent change in moods though. It almost seems like I'm on my period. 

Except I'm not.

Because that's impossible in my case, so that must mean one thing.

That there's something seriously wrong with my head.

ROSS' POV:

I felt bad about yelling at Laura so after about twenty minutes of talking through things with my family, I put Laura's promise ring into my pocket and headed up to the outside deck. 

LAURA'S POV:

I felt a strong displeasing presence around me.

I opened my eyes and looked up to the left. 

The whole world was a blur. A figure stood over me. 

"Laura," he said. "Get up!"

My vision began to clear.

Brown eyes.

Brown hair.

Wide smirk that reached from one ear to the other.

My eyes grew.

Dallas.

"Laura," he yelled again. "Get up!"

I stood up quickly but not because he told me to, but because my first instinct when I saw his face, was to run. 

To run away from him.

I rushed to the bow of the boat and climbed up the railing that had been keeping me safe and secure on the ground.

Normally, I'd freak out because this could become a huge Titanic moment, but I was too worried about getting away from my ex to realize what I was really doing.

When my feet stood on the top of the railing, I held onto the bow and turned around.

He was coming toward me.