Chapter 38 (When One Is Suspicious)

LAURA's POV:

Ross stayed with me the whole night and it was nice, but when I woke up the next morning, he was gone and everything had gone back to the way it was before I talked to him yesterday.

The boat wasn't rocking very much so I assumed that we had finally docked. Thank God.

I got up fairly easily and my stomach didn't feel completely horrible but my feelings were still hurt and I wasn't about ready to forgive Ross or anyone else for treating me like crap the past few days.

You know what? I think I'm just going to pretend like nothing happened. If my family treats me like an actual living being today, I may give them a chance to be forgiven.

Rydel was on her bed reading a book.

I got down from my top bunk as I talked to her.

"Good morning Delly."

She looked up from her book and smiled at me. "Good morning to you, Laur. I came in late last night. I hope you don't mind but I shooed Ross out of the room around one this morning."

I laughed. "It's fine. Just thankful that you told me. I thought he had like, abandoned me again."

Rydel hesitated and opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it and looked back at her book.

"Alrighty then," I said changing into a cute yellow sundress and red flats. "I'm going down to get some breakfast at the WindJammer. Meet me down there in a bit?"

Rydel nodded. I left our room with my room key and headed to the elevators. When one opened for me, I traveled down two floors to where the WindJammer was located.

I walked through the doors and immediately heard the woman at the entrance holding a hand sanitizer bottle singing, "I like to washy washy," to the tune of "I like to move it move it."

I laughed at her for it was the first time I had seen this woman aboard the ship and the first time I had heard such a hilarious song that got kids and teenagers and even adults excited to sanitize their hands before eating.

I grabbed a plate and brought it to the buffet. I took some bacon and eggs and placed it on my platter.

I looked around and as my eyes locked on Vanessa's face and Riker's hair, I strutted towards them happily.

When I got close to them, they looked my way.

"Hey Ness! Hey Rike! Good morning to you!"

Vanessa laughed. "To you too, Laur. You seem in a good mood right now."

I shrugged. "Just staying positive today," I said sitting down. "Plus, the boat's not rocking. My stomach feels... better."

Riker smiled at me. "Good."

"So," I asked probably a little too perkily. "How's one of my favorite couples?"

Vanessa looked confused but answered anyway. "Great. How are you besides overly happy?"

I shrugged again. "I don't know. I just feel like I could dance on the clouds right now."

Riker got up from his seat. "I'm going to go upstairs to meet Ross. You two talk."

We nodded and he walked away, taking out his phone.

"So, how is Riker, really," I asked.

She raised an eyebrow. "I more concerned about you, Laur."

I rolled my eyes. "A girl can't be just be incredibly happy?"

She shook her head. "No, just not a girl like you. Something strange is going on."

I laughed. "Nonsense. I'm perfectly fine."

ROSS' POV:

I was in my room, getting changed when I heard the click of someone unlocking the door.

Riker barged through the door.

"Ross," he yelled scared. "It happened again!"

I sighed. "You gotta be specific, Riker. What happened?"

"Laura," he answered quickly. "She's showing signs of hormonal activity. She's overly happy and perky."

"Well," I exclaimed. "Before she left for tour, she was always overly happy. How is this any different?"

"She said she felt like she could dance on the clouds," my brother answered.

I shrugged. "Maybe she just felt like similes today."

Riker put his hands up in surrender. "Okay, fine whatever. But why are you the one who's fighting it this time?"

"Because," I replied sadly "Just thinking about the impossibility of it kills me after yesterday.