Chapter Six (Sissy Fight)

LAURA's POV:

Ross and I were hugging.

His warmth was comfortable and his arms around mine were such a familiar feeling. It was a good feeling, as if I was meant to be in his arms.

I was crying into his chest but he didn't seem to mind.

I heard a creek as if a door was opening.

Ross pulled away from our hug but kept his hand around my shoulder, and we turned to see my sister stepping into the room.

"Hey Laura," she said.

I gulped. "Hi Vanessa.

It suddenly got really uncomfortablely silent.

"Well then," Ross said interrupting the silence. "I'll be going now."

He started walking out. I pulled him back in by his wrist and looked into his eyes longily "Stay," I said.

He bit his lip and hesitated before nodding.

I held onto his arm.

I turned back to Vanessa. "You were right. Ness."

She looked confused. "About what?"

I looked at Ross then back at my sister. "You were right about Dallas."

She looked down. "Did he make you do this," she asked softly. "Did he make you hurt yourself?"

I shook my head. "No. That was my decision but he definitely influenced it."

"I told you to stay away from him, Laur," she said. "I told you he was no good!"

I looked down. "I know. I should've listened to you."

Vanessa rubbed her eyes as if in stress. "What else did he do to you once I left?"

I shrugged. "He hit me a lot but--"

"You didn't stick up for yourself like I told you to, did you?"

I gulped. "He made it difficult for me to even--"

"So you just let him hurt you," Vanessa asked interrupting me again.

I tightened my hold on Ross. "He said I was worthless, Ness. He said I deserved to be hurt!"

"And you listened to him?! Why?"

"Because I thought I loved him," I yelled. "I thought he loved me too!"

"I told you that he didn't," she yelled back. "And wasn't it obvious? The way he looked at you, the way he held you, he acted like you were trash and everyone could see it! Everyone but you!"

"Well of course I couldn't see it," I said. "I thought I was in love."

Vanessa paused. "Tell me," she said. "Did you think you and Dallas were meant to be or did you just choose to 'love' him because you felt bad for him, for his past."

I looked down. I didn't answer her cause both of us knew what I was going to say. I buried my head into Ross's shoulder humiliated. Tears yet again, rolled out of my eyes and onto his shirt.

"I'm sorry," I heard my sister say. "It's just... I'm protective of you. I don't want you to be hurt anymore then you already have."

I tightened my grip on Ross's arm and didn't turn around.

"I'm sorry," she said again.

After a few seconds, I heard the door to the room creek and I turned towards the sound to see Vanessa was gone.

I looked at Ross and finally let go of his arm. "Sorry," I said softly.

He shrugged. "It's fine... But what was that about?"

I sniffled and walked over to my bed. I sat down on it and patted the spot next to me, gesturing him to sit down.

He did so and asked me again, "So... what was that about?"

I sighed. "About three months ago, I started to go out with Dallas. He had some stuff going on and I felt really bad for him so when he asked me out, I gave him sympathy and said yes. A few days went by, and thought I had fallen in love. Then my parents died, and I started to become weak, I cried a lot, I always looked to Dallas instead of him looking to me. He wasn't very good at giving advice or making people feel better but I listened to what he had to say anyway. About two weeks after our parent's death, Vanessa finally confronted me about how my relationship with Dallas had been falling apart. She said she didn't think I should be with him anymore and she scolded me for listening to his hurtful words. That day, she left, said she couldn't deal with me or my stupid boyfriend anymore. Before she left, she told me I should consider dropping his sorry ass or at least stick up for myself next time he tried putting me down. Of course... I didn't want to hear it."

The room went silent. I looked to Ross.

After a few minutes, he finally spoke up. "Did you ever think that she just wanted the best for you? Did you ever think she was just too over-protective?"

"Yeah. But then I asked myself that if that was the case, why would she leave me?"

Ross shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe she just needed a break..."

"From me?"

His eyes widened and he shook his head. "No. No. No. No. Not from you? Just from... I don't know."

I looked down. "I don't know either."

"But not from you," he said. "I'm sure about that."

I raised my eyebrows. "How can you be sure?"

"If you saw how crazy she was at the Verizon Wireless Arena when she was trying to find you, you'd understand."

I covered my face in my hands."Why does everything have to be so complicated," I asked.

Ross put his arm around me. "I don't know Laur," he said. "But I always thought that it's how you look at things and let things affect you, that might make your life more complicated than it actually would be." I smiled weakly at his wise comment and leaned my head on his shoulder.

I closed my eyes and breathed in and out comfortably.

I felt Ross's gentle hand run through my hair and I smiled a little less weakly.

Again, I got that strange feeling that his arms were meant to hold me.

With this unusual feeling of comfort overwhelming my soul, I found myself dozing off.

And that concludes this chapter. Vote or comment plz. :)