Chapter 37 (To Be Alone)

LAURA's POV:

Almost all of Sunday, I stayed in my room.

Ross came by around five to check on me but once he saw that I was fine, he was out the door.

I had told him that I'd probably stay in there the whole night.

He seemed sorry for me but he never said it.

But I guess that might be because he really isn't.

Before he left, he told me he loved me and kissed my forehead. For some reason, I'm not sure I believed it.

Around seven, I realized I was hungry.

Not that hungry of course, because people who experience extreme nausea don't starve when they haven't eaten in a while, but I could go for something small.

Careful not to trip or anything, I climbed down the ladder to my bed, grabbed my room key from the desk in the corner of the room, and left.

I traveled down to the WindJammer and grabbed a water and a small piece of bread with butter.

I sat down at a table and began to butter the bread.

I quickly stuffed it in my mouth and began to take my phone out.

I wanted to hang out with somebody because I was very lonely.

Scrolling down on my contacts list, I clicked on Ross' name.

I brought the phone to my ear as I heard loud ringing from nearby.

Looking around, my eyes locked on the back of his head.

He was sitting around everyone else in the corner of the room.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at it for a moment before answering it.

"Hey Laur," he said into the phone. "What's up?"

I hung up before saying anything, wanting to speak to my whole family in person, not just Ross through phone.

My boyfriend lowered his phone from his ear, confused.

I walked up to them from behind Ross.

The others looked at me and as I slowly brought my hands over his eyes, they laughed.

"Guess who?"

He giggled. "The boogie man?"

I smirked. "Close."

As I removed my hands from his eyes, he looked at me and smiled. "Hey! I thought you weren't coming out of your room the rest of the night."

I shrugged. "Needed something to eat! Besides, I felt really lonely all alone up there."

The others stood up from their seats and started to walk away. "We'll give you some time," Rydel said. "We'll text you about the... thing later."

They left us and I looked at Ross confused: "What's 'the thing'?

He shrugged. "Who knows?"

"Apparently, only you guys."

Ross didn't say anything else, so I decided to change the subject.

"You know," I said sitting on his lap, "It's been a while since we've been able to really connect, not like sex or whatever, but like boyfriend and girlfriend. I just feel like we haven't seen each other like at all, this weekend."

He shrugged. "You've been sick in your room. I've been out here doing stuff. Sorry we haven't been on the same terms."

I gave him an 'are-you-fricking-kidding-me,' look and he practically put his hands up in surrender. "That wasn't supposed to sound that bad."