Chapter 5: Dragged you into the world of royalty

The two continued to walk until they eventually got to the tree they would always meet at. Making their way up, they took a seat somewhere near the top, but not all the way up there. Poppy twiddled her fingers and Branch looked at her with a concerned face.

     "Alright, what's going on? You've been unusually quiet this morning. I think your dad even thought something was up." The pink troll tried to avoid eye contact, but couldn't help but be sucked into his dark blue eyes.

     "Branch.. How much do you love me..?" He raised an eyebrow to the question, but quickly responded.

     "More than anything! You know that."

     The pink troll's hair kinda drooped, she hadn't even brushed it this morning. She looked exhausted.

     "Does it have to do with why you didn't sleep well last night..?" Her head gently bobbed up and down with a pout on her face.

     "I didn't really think of it much until last night when we laid there together, me in my dress and you in your tuxedo, that I dragged you into the world of royalty. You're gonna be crowned King soon. That's a really big job.. I didn't even consider if you wanted to take that road in our life. Maybe you wanted to take things slow, move into your bunker, be happy together in a place that's not necessarily big.." The teal troll watched her avoid eye contact with her eyes filling with tears.

     "I didn't mean to take you into this crazy world of mine.. I didn't.. I'm so-" He cut her off with a kiss on her lips and after a few seconds, they separated, and he took her hands. Poppy began to hiccup as tears flowed down her cheeks.

     "Hey, if I didn't want to spend everyday with you, we wouldn't have gotten married yesterday. Sure it would be nice to take things slow. But I don't care what road we take our lives on. We're on that road for a reason. It's gonna be scary. But that's why we're together. I get to face those fears with someone I love more than everything in the world." Poppy gave him a gentle smile and continued to hiccup, wiping her tears away.

     "So, you don't mind being crowned king?"

     Despite him not being totally ready to take on his new life as King, he knew that with some help from his wife, I'll get easier as time goes by.

     "As long as you're beside me, you could crown my king of the hobos and I'd still be happy." The pink troll laughed and gave him a peck on the nose.

     "You always know how to make me feel better."

     "I do."

     Poppy stood up and took his hand.

     "As much as I'd love to do something sweet and romantic, can we practice what'll happen at the coronation? I want your big day to be absolutely perfect." Branch was a little disappointed that him and his new wife weren't really going to that romantic state in their honeymoon, it would make him feel better to see his wife happy. Maybe they'll get to that state later, after the coronation. With a nod of his head, the two went back to their home.

     Poppy placed a few books on his head as he tried to stand perfectly straight.

     "I don't really understand the purpose in this. You're queen and don't have the best posture in the world."

     "I know how to sit up straight when I need to. But most of the time, it's not important. You just need to make sure that crown doesn't move from your head." She squinted her eyes at the books.

     "Perfect. Nice posture." Actually, he was pretty far from perfect the books were just about ready to fall over as he took them off his head.

     "Pops I think you should head to bed. I don't think your seeing clearly. When you've gotten a few more hours of sleep, then we'll talk about posture."