Chapter 39: Stay Calm

It has been hours since they saw their little pod begin to shake. The dad-to-be had been panicking since that very first moment, practically screaming as he gathered supplies. The mom-to-be tried her best to stay calm as she rested her head on the shaking pod.

     "DON'T WORRY POPPY, EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT!! JUST KEEP CALM!!"

     "Branch.. Branch.. BRANCH!" She yelled as she placed her hands on his shoulders. Trying his hardest to not flip out even more than he already has, he listened to what she had to say.

     "Branch, it's gonna be fine.. Please calm down.. I need you to get some professional help, okay?" She said as she then placed a kiss on his head. The teal troll's eyes began to fill with tears as he nodded and ran off into the night.

     When he had returned, the sun was beginning to shine through the trees. Poppy's breathing beginning to get faster and faster. Alongside Branch was Dr. Plum Plimsy, the village's best doctor.

     "Well good morning Queen Poppy, my name is Dr. Plum Plimsy and I will be helping you with your baby delivery today. Now isn't this exciting? How long has this cutie been shaking?"

     Poppy roughly estimated the time it started as the doctor began to run through basic instructions of the trolling hatch process. She turned towards the sweaty Branch as she gave him instructions as well.

     "Ah Branch, would you mind running to your home and grabbing a nice, soft blanket for your little bundle?" Without hesitation, he ran off to the bunker trying not to waste a second away from his wife. Poppy had made a small pile of baby items she had been collecting for their child. Not very much though since they didn't know it's gender. A light yellow blanket was at the top of the pile, making it the first thing he grabbed. Afterwards, he ran out the door.

     His running came to a halt as he ran into a familiar blue figure. On the other side of the figure, it revealed some more trolls on the other side. It was the snack pack.

     "Yo Branch, where's the fire?" Asked Suki.

     "Yeah, and why are you all sweaty?" Satin and Chenille asked simultaneously.

     "Forget being sweaty, why are you carrying around a baby blanket?" Suki chimed in again as the rest of the group looked at him worried. The teal troll was too flabbergasted to really make sense as he tried to talk to the group.

     "Pod! Shaking! Baby! Bye!" He said running off again.

     "What do you think he's in such a rush for?" Asked Guy Diamond. Suki slapped her face.

     "Guys! Poppy and Branch are having their baby!"

     A chorus of "ohh's" came from the group as they stood there for a second, silent. Raising an eyebrow, Biggie spoke.

     "Wait a second, shouldn't we be over there for emotional support?"

     "What better way to show emotional support than to tell the entire village?? This is an extremely important day in troll history! This information must be shared with the town!" Yelled Guy Diamond and with a nod of the group, they split up and spoke of the news. Soon enough, with how things spread like wildfire in the village, everyone was talking about it and making their way to the tree the royal couple was located. Even former king Peppy was assisted over to the tree where his daughter was.

     Back at the tree, Poppy was squeezing Branch's hand in nerves as she watched the doctor try to assist the pod into opening fully. It had only just started to crack but was making good progress. The three turned their heads to a panting snack pack and Peppy as they made their way towards them.

     "Guys? Dad? Not that I don't want you all here right now, but why are you all here?"

     "To watch our best friend's child be born. Duh." The orange DJ spoke as she rubbed her friends back. Poppy's ears shot upward as she heard the large amount of noise on the other side of the tree.

     "Uh, what's that..?" Spoke Branch, afraid of the answer. In response, Cooper spoke up.

     "Oh that? That's just the entire town."