Chapter 44: Pick a name, any name

"You don't have a name for her yet??" Cried the gang as they all gasped.

     "Oh my god" Smidge said surprised. Branch usually has everything together and prepared for. Everything, except his child's own name.

     "We were just, so caught up in the moment, it flew over our heads." Poppy said as she watches the child finish her bottle and began to try and burp her.

     "Well, did you have any names in mind?" Asked Chenille.

     The pink and teal troll glanced at each other and back at the group. Taking turns, they said some names that they liked for a little girl.

     "Petal"

     "Luna"

"Lilly"

"Gracie"

"Rosie"

"Um, not Rosie.." Branch spoke softly, looking over at his daughter.

     The snack pack gathered into a group huddle, excluding the child's parents. Amongst themselves, they talked about the situation that was going on in front of them.

     "Well it's obvious they have no idea what to name her." Suki said.

     "Well it's not their fault. If you just gave birth, wouldn't you completely forget about the baby's name and just wanna snuggle with it?" Chenille said as she hugged herself.

     "At least they have a couple of names in mind. Most new parents don't have a clue." Satin chimed in.

     "Why don't they just pick outta a hat? It's not like they don't like any of the names." Said Guy Diamond, not really paying much attention to the conversation and more attention on his nails.

     "I dunno guys, this is their child's name we're talking about. They can't just change it willy nilly. Shouldn't it be a special moment?" Biggie said as he tried to discourage the idea of pulling a random name.

     "It'll be quicker than standing here." Nastily spoke Guy Diamond. The gang stared at their extremely salty friend, but quickly tried to get back on topic.

     "... He does have a point. I don't think they should call their baby, baby, forever.." Suki spoke on the sparkly troll's side.

     The whole group, accept Biggie, agreed that this was the best idea that they could think of. Accepting defeat, Biggie eventually agreed too. They turned to the couple as they continued to list names, and shared their idea.

     "Friends, New Parents, Branch, lend me your ears. We have come up with a great idea to help settle your name deciding dilemma." Suki announced to the new parents.

     "What's that?" Branch raised an eyebrow. He considered the snack pack family to him, but he was fully aware of how often their idea's were actually good. That was pretty much never.

     "Pull outta a hat."

     The pink troll looked up from her child and thought about the idea. It wasn't that it was a bad idea, she just, didn't know how to feel. The teal one beside her felt the same way, but didn't want to disappoint his wife if he said no to the idea.

     "Oh, okay. Let's get a hat then."

     Cooper delightfully knelt down and allowed Branch to take his hat from his head. Taking pieces of ripped paper, they wrote some names down and dumped in into the baggy hat. The teal troll allowed Poppy to pull the name randomly. Taking her hand out, she read the name.

     "Petal."

     As much as she liked the name, something just, didn't feel right. That wasn't the name her baby girl was meant to have. She took the small piece of paper, crumpled it up, gave the baby to her father, threw it in the garbage, and walked out the door. There was this feeling in Branch's stomach that made him feel like he was the blame. Without saying a word, he grabbed an extra blanket and with the child, went after his upset wife. The snack pack just stared at the door.

     "Well I'm guessing she didn't like the name." Guy Diamond spoke, sounding even more nasty than he did before.