Chapter 33: Give me a minute

By the time Branch woke up the next morning, he noticed that his wife wasn't in bed beside him. Frightened, he instantly sat upward. He looked around frantically until he noticed the pink troll sitting at their desk. Branch sighed in relief as he got out of bed and walked over to see what she was up to.

     She was sleeping next to a yellow scrapbook, drooling onto the wooden desk. He looked at his wife, and then at the book.

     "I'm sure one little peak wouldn't hurt.." He spoke softly as he pulled the book closer to him. Opening it, he noticed nothing was inside. He flipped it around to find the front, gently smiling at the cover.

     "Baby to be named later" was the cover. Surely she was gonna change it when the baby was born. The front was decorated with white ribbon and the tiniest bit of glitter. His heart warmed up inside just looking at it. He couldn't believe that she was already working on a scrapbook for their future child.

     Branch looked over at his wife again. Surely she couldn't remain there. Picking her up bridal style, he placed her back into bed. She quietly hummed and smiled as she snuggled into her sheets. Placing a kiss on her forehead, he walked into the other room.

     After putting on a pot of water, his ears lifted to hear a knock at the door.

     "Who could be out and about this early.." He questioned as he walked to the door and opened it, only to find the entire snack pack waiting at his doorstep.

     "Guys? What are you doing here? I've never seen you up this early."

     "Oooh we couldn't wait any longer! How did it go last night??" Asked an excited Chenille.

     "Yeah tell us!" Chimed Satin.

     The teal troll chuckled at his group of friends as they all leaned in closer, hoping it would help him reveal the news. He leaned in close to the group and quietly whispered

     "If you really wanna know... you have to wait till Poppy wakes up." He said with a smirk. The group groaned, but all sucked it up and decided to wait. Poppy was one of their best friends and it was only right to allow her to share her big news.

     The gang walked inside the bunker and Branch had made them all hot chocolate to help them wait. About an hour had past when Poppy shuffled into the room. She looked like she wasn't prepared to start the day. Like she wanted to lay in bed the rest of the day. Biggie, Cooper, Suki, Fuzzbert, Guy Diamond, Smidge, Satin, and Chenille quickly ran up to her and gave her a tight group hug.

     "Poppy! How you doing?? You guys having a you know what??" Asked Guy Diamond.

     After waking up slightly, she looked over at Branch and giggled.

     "Well, why don't you guys give me a few minutes to get ready and we can go take a look." She said with a content smile on her face as she broke their hug. The group shook their heads quickly and Poppy went off to change.

     Each and every one of them, super excited to see what they were hoping for.