Chapter 10: Down in the Bunker

Unlocking the door, the two walked into the dark bunker. Poppy smelt the air and sighed.

     "Memories.."

     Branch turned on a light and looked over at Poppy with small jazz hands.

     "Ta da?" He said with an awkward smile, his wife laughing in response. The place hasn't changed since she first been inside of it. If it had changed, it was the fact that he put some more shelves in with Nick-Nacs.

     This was Branch's little hideaway when he needed to just get a away for a while. Often times he'd be here when Poppy was off doing queen stuff for hours. As King, he really wasn't gonna see this place anymore.

     "I'm gonna miss this old girl." The pink troll raised and eyebrow as she turned away from the random Nick-Nacs he had.

     "What do you mean?"

     "Well, with how much you do as Queen, imagine how much work we'll have to do together. There really won't be time to come here." He said quietly, Poppy frowning in response. She knew how much he loved this place, and felt awful about his duties to come getting in the way.

     The magenta haired troll slowly walked over to the spot with the leaver and pulled on it. Before it got too far down, Branch rushed to her side, holding onto her waist.

     "Thank you Prince Charming, but I think I can handle a leaver." She said, strutting off when it came to a halt.

     Walking around, her eyes wandered to many areas of the hidden room. There's the corner that they first read together in. There's the corner she bumped into him while dancing and fell over. There's the corner she shoved two chocolate bars down her throat and after getting a bad stomach ache, he took care of her. Every corner had some kind of memory to it. The pink troll hated the thought of him not having these daily reminders. The teal troll was looking at a photo of him and Poppy that he hung up on the wall. She was hanging on top of him and laughing about her getting raspberries on her cheek instead of kisses.

     "This is probably my favorite picture of us."

     "Mine too." She could see the memory play in her husband's head. Her cheeks turned a soft redish hue as she looked back at it. Her smile melted into a frown.

     "Branch.. I don't want you to let this place go.." He looked over at her with a face of surprise, but he wasn't surprised. More, interested.

     "We have so many memories here.. I don't want to lose them, even if they're in our minds. It's not usual for a queen and king to not live in a big tree.. But I wanna stay here. In your bunker. Together."

     Branch really didn't know what to say. As much as he wanted to find a reason to stay in the big tree, he couldn't find one. This was where most of their adventures started out. Where he thought about her, and kissed when they both knew they were alone. It wasn't like they'd have to move much. It's more of re-organizing the bunker and fitting it to Poppy's standards. Which honestly she didn't care much about unless it was pink.

     "You want to stay in the bunker??" He couldn't help say with a smile. She knew he was truly happy. She could see how his eyes were sparking in excitement.

     "This doesn't have anything to do with your dad right..?"

     "No, I just think it'd be nice to stay in the bunker. We'll be spending plenty of time over there and it'll be a getaway. Just me, you, alone."

     He liked the sound of that. Really liked the sound of that.

      "I think it's a great idea." He said excited as they both fell into a passionate kiss, remaining down below most of the night until drifting off to sleep.