Chapter 14: Well that went well

As the three of them sat together at the table, King Peppy was giving suspicious looks at the couple beside him. Poppy would often bite her lip as she looked over at Branch, him giving her a wink at the other end of the the table. In all honesty, he knew something was up, but he was also very confused. If it was one of the thoughts he was having, it answered so many questions but rose so many more. The pink troll looked at her father as he practically stared her husband down. She cleared her throat, catching both of their attentions.

     "Branch, can I talk to you for a minute?" She said standing, her posture perfectly straight.

     "Uh, sure Pops.." The teal troll said, standing up beside her. The two walked into another room, trying to get as far away from the orangish troll as possible. When she knew he couldn't hear her, silently, she spoke.

     "My father has been staring at you every single time I looked over at him. You didn't say something did you?" Branch shook his head.

     "How could I? I was making dinner and this was the first time I was really in his presence. What about you? He's been giving you some pretty weird looks too."

     Trolls have a very good sense of hearing, and even though King Peppy wasn't his youngest anymore, he still had pretty good hearing. He wiggled his ears, and tuned into the conversation his daughter and son-in-law were having.

     "No, I don't even think I'll be able to tell him tonight.. After the fight we had, I'm not sure he's gonna be ready to hear the news.."

     "Don't worry Poppy. I'm sure your father will be excited to learn that you're opening a new chapter in your life." Instantly tuning out, he began to silently flip out in his head.

     "Oh my troll.. They couldn't wait until after his coronation?? What happened to not ready?" He began to look around the room and noticed that a lot of items were already covered in bubble wrap. It was so obvious! That was why she was so stressed and angry and tired.

     "I can't believe they're having trollings and aren't even planning on telling me tonight." Then king spoke with a frown. Then, a lightbulb went off in his head.

     Branch's coronation was tomorrow. They decided to make the announcement tomorrow in front of the village! A smile suddenly slapped onto his face as he quickly ate the rest of his pie.

     "If you don't want to tell him tonight, fine. We'll stay over with him one more night. But then we do have to tell him." Poppy gave a gentle nod as the two walked back to the dining room. At the same time, the couple stopped mid track when he saw the king's smile.

     "Dad? Are you okay?" She spoke, slightly hesitant.

     "Oh yes my child, I am the happiest troll in the kingdom." Branch gave a smile as he looked at his empty plate. He was obviously talking about his delicious pie. The orange troll stood, walked over to the couple, and gave them a tight squeeze. With a smile, he spoke.

     "As much as I enjoyed this wonderful dinner, I do have to step out. I promised one of the other troll's that I'd tell him one of the wonderful stories that you always liked." After kissing his daughter on the cheek, he fast walked out the door. Branch looked at Poppy, and Poppy looked at Branch.

     "Well that went well." He said with a smirk on his face, taking in the empty plate.

     Peppy began his walk over to one of the most magical trees in the village. The troll tree.

     "Now it's just how I'm gonna find my little grand-troll.."