Chapter 41: Where's my granddaughter??

"Ugh, what's taking so long??" Complained Suki as she was beginning to become impatient.

     "It's a baby Suki, you can't rush these things. I'm sure Poppy and Branch are trying their best to get that baby hatched as quick as possible." Chimed in Chenille, playing with some fabric Poppy had lying around the bunker.

     Former king Peppy sat in a chair as he played around with his thumbs. Every second he grew more and more anxious about everything that could happen, both good and bad. Biggie looked over at the soon-to-be grandfather and rubbed his back.

     "Don't worry, I'm sure Poppy and Branch are doing just fine. They're both very strong trolls."

     "Oh Biggie, I'm just worried about everything. Bringing Poppy into the world wasn't easy for us, I'm just very afraid of her going through the same thing.."

     The snack pack looked at each other and tried to remain positive. It was a touchy subject, being a difficult thing to bring up without getting super emotional. But no matter, the group kept their glasses half full.

     "Everything's gonna be fine~ Don't worry about it! Our best friends can do anything they set their minds to!" Guy Diamond said as he filed his nails.

     "Yeah! Who knows, they could walk in any minute now!" Cooper shouted, then instantly being shushed by the rest of the group as they heard footsteps towards the door. It was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

     The doorknob jiggled and a bright light shined through, revealing two happy, content trolls as the pink one held a small bundle in a yellow blanket in her arms. The group's jaws were slightly opened, curious to see what was inside. Peppy was already off to the side, crying tears of joy as he saw his daughter carry her newborn.

     "Dad.. I know you're emotional right now, but would you like to come hold her..?" Poppy spoke softly, trying not to laugh too loud.

     Peppy slowly made his way over to see the bundle that was sleeping in her arms. The snack pack was beginning to gain tears in their eyes as well.

     "Well I'd be darned." Peppy spoke as he observed the child. Branch stood next to Poppy, proud of the bundle of cuteness they created.

     Inside the yellow blanket laid a beautiful little girl. Her skin was pink, just like her mother. She had just the littlest bit of hair, possible enough to make the tiniest ponytail, but maybe you shouldn't bet on it. The hair was a mix of both her father's and her mother's, creating the prettiest shade of purple.

     "If she wakes up while you guys are here, you'll get to see the gorgeous eyes her daddy have her~" The pink troll said with a smile as they passed the child around the room. After one troll had gotten to hold her, as they made their way to the next troll next to them, they'd have to walk away and cry over how happy they were.

     The two parents couldn't have been any more happy then they were at that moment. The teal troll held the baby as the pink one went over to talk with her father.

     "You doing okay..?"

     "I'm doing better than okay my sweet child.. Look at you.. just yesterday I was changing your diapers. Now you're gonna be the one changing diapers.." He chuckled as he tried to lighten the mood, shortly after, speaking again.

     "Guess I'm gonna have to get used to the term Grandpa Peppy aren't I? Yikes I'm getting old.."

     Peppy could see the happiness in his child's eyes. Peppy, he couldn't be any more proud than that moment too.

     "Alrighty, now where's my granddaughter?? I gotta take in the cuteness before you all steal her."