Chapter 11: Hey Dad

Morning came a little too early in Poppy's mind. Still feeling guilty over the night before, her and Branch were walking over to see her father. He could feel the weird vibe of her nerves as he held her hand tight.

"Don't be nervous. It's just your dad. Jeez you've never been this nervous before."

"Easy for you to say. You didn't freak out on your dad over something that could've been handled more maturely." The teal troll made a face at her and she sighed in response.

"I'm sorry, I just can't help it. The stress of everything is just making making me act weird.. I do feel really bad and I just.."

"Hey, you don't have to explain. I understand." The gentle smile he gave her felt like he was taking some of the weight on his shoulders. It felt, kinda relaxing. The pink troll's heartbeat got faster and faster as they made their way to the door. She held her hand up, ready to knock, but couldn't gather the courage to do so. Branch softly chimed in.

"Go on, it's okay." He said in an encouraging tone.

     She knocked on the door, only for it to open on its own, like someone didn't close it all the way. The pink troll slowly walked inside, Branch staying outside to give them both privacy.

     "Dad...? Are you here...?" A loud creek came from an upstairs door. That had to be him. She ran up the stairs and made her way towards the door. Covering her eyes in case he wasn't descent, she slowly made her way into the room.

     "Dad? Is that you..?" King Peppy peaked out from behind a closest, surprised to see his daughter there.

     "Poppy? I didn't think you'd come back.. Uncover your eyes child."

     Reveling her eyes, the pink troll saw her father in a checkered pair of pajama's, hair kinda a mess, and from the looks of it, a terrible night sleep wise. She sat on the edge of his bed and played around with her thumbs.

     "Dad, I came to say that I'm sorry about what happened last night.. I didn't mean to be snappy, I just don't think we're ready just yet to have little trolls of our own.. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.."

     "No Poppy, I'm the one who needs to be sorry. I said some things that I am not proud of, and I wish you and Branch the happiest. I'm just afraid that the day will come and-" Poppy placed a finger on his mouth and gave him a gentle shh.

     "I know what you mean. And I promise you that you'll get to see your grand-trolls, just after Branch and I get settled." The frown on her father's face turned into a smile as he hugged his daughter, the pink troll giving him the same hug in return. Letting go, she smiled at her dad.

     "Now, if you excuse me, Branch and I have to go get ready for his coronation. He's gonna get fitted for his outfit and we're gonna practice balance with some more books. Do you want to tag along?" Peppy shook his head with a negative response.

     "No thank you. You go get him ready. You know what to do." He said with a wink, causing her to chuckle.

     "Alright. How about dinner then? You can come back to Branch's bunker." Surprised about going to the bunker, he gave her another smile.

     "Alright. Just stop by when your ready." Giving a final nod, she walked out of the room. He sat in content, till Poppy poked her head back in.

     "Oh, Dad?"

     "Yes?"

     "I love you."

Married Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें