Chapter 54: See you at noon

It felt like the sun was never gonna come up with how often Melody was crying that night. She enjoyed the sun. It allowed her to stay warm without all those blankets piled on top of her. What she also enjoyed, was being in someone's arms, especially Poppy and Branch's. There was no place that was more comfortable than their's.

     "She's asleep.." Poppy said exhausted. It was pretty rare to see her at a super tired state. Branch however, knowing what was happening today, couldn't let her fall back asleep. Knowing he'd probably regret it, he brought a mug through to her.

     "Here, let me hold Melody while you drink some of that."

     "What is it?" The pink troll said as she made her trade off with her husband.

     "It's coffee. You need to be awake so here's something to boost your energy."

    "Why do I need to be up? We don't have any tasks to do today."

     Whoops. Guess he shouldn't have said that last part. Trying his best to think of something quickly, he spurted something out.

     "Y-Your dad said he wanted to see Melody!"

     "Oh. Okay I guess."

     A knock came from the door. Poppy, beginning to get up, was halted by Branch.

     "I got it. You just drink your coffee." She gave a sweet smile as she kissed his cheek. The teal troll still blushes when she does that. Melody snuggled closer into his chest, getting a better hearing of his heartbeat. Opening the door, Branch was surprised and a little frightened to see his father-in-law outside.

     "Branch my boy, how are you this lovely morning?"

     "Extremely tired. How's the party coming along?"

     "We are just starting to set up at the park. Do you mind if we borrow some tape though?"

     Branch handed Melody to her grandfather as he rummaged drawer after drawer to find some tape. He scratched his head and looked around some more.

     "I could've sworn it was right here.." He mumbled. Calling from their bedroom, was Poppy.

     "Branch..? Everything okay in there..?"

     "Y-Yeah, just gotta find some tape for uh... for a troll that was strolling by."

     "Did you look over by my scrapbooking stuff? I think I used it for something last night."

     The teal troll walked over to her scrapbooking table. It was kinda a surprising sight of how organized she kept things. Cause organized wasn't exactly Poppy's middle name. But she was right, the tape was right there.

     "Thank you! He shouted as he handed it to Peppy, instantly covering his mouth because of his stupidity of yelling while the baby was sleeping. Thankfully, she didn't move an inch.

     "Thanks my boy. We'll see you at noon?"

     "We'll see you at noon." He said taking the baby back as she got back into the same position she was in before. With his foot, he closed the door and looked at the young child.

     "You're gonna have such a good day with all your aunts and uncles. Even grandpa will be there.." Melody cooed as they walked back to Poppy. Stopping mid-track, Branch saw what he was doomed to see.

     "Branch! This coffee thing is amazing! Why haven't I had this before?? Where has it been all of my life??" There she was, on her burst of energy she was making their bed, except she was bouncing off the walls and couldn't stand still for three seconds.

     "N-Never mind the coffee. We should probably start getting ready."

     "Oh right! We're gonna go see my dad!" The pink troll grabbed her usual blue dress, but Branch held another one up. It was a cute yellow sundress that she really liked, but usually only wore it in sunny places like the park.

     "My yellow sundress? We're just going to his pod."

     "Oh, I guess I forgot to tell you. We wants to meet at the park. You know, to see if he can get Melody to sit in the baby swing they have there."

     "Oh! Okay! That'll be fun!" Turning around, she picked up a yellow shirt and showed it to Branch.

     "But you should match."