Chapter 23: I'm not going anywhere

Sorry for another short chapter. I'll try to get a longer one out tomorrow. Still not doing so hot. Love you!

     Peppy looked up at Branch, sighed, and turned his head away.

     "Branch my boy, you know I care about both you and my daughter?"

    Weird question.

     "Of course."

     The former king began to play with his fingers. Branch raised and eyebrows as he realized that he never seen him anything but happy. I mean, he did yell that one time with Poppy, but this was, kinda odd.

     "... It's just.. really difficult to see my little girl growing up.. Now that she's moving in with you.. I dunno.. it's silly.." Peppy whispered, afraid tears were gonna fall from his slightly wrinkled face. Both of the teal troll's eyebrows raised as he listened to his father-in-law's reasoning.

     "I just wanted to get away.. take a break and just get some air.. I'm sorry to have made you worry Branch.. You can go home Branch.."

     The orange troll was shocked when he felt two arms wrapped around him. He rubbed his back in hypnotic motions and spoke softly in his ear.

     "I'm not going anywhere. We're gonna sit here and talk about our feelings."

     He paused.

     "Like men."

     Branch could feel some of his father-in-law's tears drop into his back. In all honesty, it was kinda nice having this moment  with him. Despite the fact that it was like being with Poppy on one of her crazy emotional days, it was nice spending time with him. Even though it was evolving tears.

     Peppy was the one to end the hug, giving him a small smile as he wiped a tear from his eye.

     "Do you mind.. If I come over to see Poppy..?"

     At that moment, he felt his heart take a free fall as he mentioned the pink troll's name. How long had he been gone?? Definitely over an hour.

     "Of course! Let's go right now!" He said, practically dragging his father-in-law as he ran back to the bunker.

     "Poppy's gonna kill me.." He mumbled