Chapter 12: A busy afternoon

About two hours had passed and Branch was still standing in front of twins, Satin and Chenille, trying his best to stay still as they worked their magic. At the moment he was extremely uncomfortable and ready to go home.

     "Poppy, we've been here for hours.. Can we go home soon?" Poppy glanced upward to the teal troll as she helped alongside the twins.

     "Just stay still a little longer.." She said as she watched the two make their final adjustments, ready for the final reveal until the coronation. With a few more stitches, Satin and Chenille shouted simultaneously:

     "Finished!"

     The pink troll watched in awe as Branch looked around in the mirror, not really sure how he was supposed to feel about his outfit. Not that he wasn't happy with it, it's nice, but he wasn't sure if it was right for the occasion. This being his first coronation besides Poppy's. He turned over to his wife and attempted to smile, only for it to look really awkward.

     "What do you think?"

     His outfit was a dark green suit and tie with the royal cape wrapped around him. In her eyes, he looked absolutely amazing.

     "Aw, Branch you look so handsome!" She said in a momish tone like he was going to his first school dance. Approaching him, she gave him a tight hug, him returning it more gently.

     "Do you feel comfortable?"

     "I guess so." Poppy made a circular motion with her finger, telling him to turn around. Doing as told, he did. Confused why turning around would make any difference, his face burned red as he noticed her lip bite in the mirror and turned around.

     "Pops..!" He yelled whispered.

     "Sorry, you just have a cute-"

     "Alright you two break it up. We don't need any funny business in our boutique." Chenille said as Satin chuckled, leaving the two some sort of red hue. Poppy and Branch gathered their things including the outfit, thanked their friends, and began their walk to the bunker.

     "I didn't know you were that interested in me." Branch spoke softly, the blush remaining on his face.

     "I couldn't help myself! You need to stop being so handsome." After laughing she gave his cheek a peck and held his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

     "Maybe later we can do some snuggling..?" Poppy spoke, taking in his scent as she leaned on his shoulder. Branch raised an eyebrow. He was aware that she was clingy, but now it's just, unusual.

     "Pops? Are you feeling okay?" She gently hummed and closed her eyes as she responded.

     "Yeah, I'm alright." He noticed that her voice was becoming softer and softer by the second. He could feel her weight being impacted on him as they tried to walk.

     "Oh no, no no no, don't fall asleep now. We're almost home." Branch spoke as he tried to help Poppy stand, almost making it to the door. The second the walked in, she landed right on top of him, causing them to both land in the floor.

     "Pops? Poppy? Come on, we can go lay in bed, not on the floor there are so many germs. This is one of the most disgusting things in the world." She hummed as her eyes gently opened. Taking her husband's hand, she stood up and dragged him to bed. This allowed her to have the coziest bear in the entire village.

     "You're lucky I love you." He said with a groan as she snuggled closer to him allowing her to catch his scent one more time. The teal troll wrapped his arms around her and soon enough, the two had drifted off to sleep, taking a short break in between their busy afternoon.