Chapter 47: Fine

Just as Branch was about to wack the mysterious troll who covered his mouth, he was turned around.

    "Sh Sh Sh Shhh...!" Shushed the figure as the light turned on to revel not only one, but eight other figures. The one that had covered the teal troll's mouth, was Guy Diamond. He paused to make sure the pink troll above didn't hear a thing. Letting go of his mouth, Branch began to freak out as he whispered.

     "What the heck are you guys doing?? You scared me half to death!!"

     "We know and we're sorry, but we were doing something super important when you guys were walking in. This was the first place we saw to hide." Biggie said in his quietest tone.

     "What could have been so important that you needed to hide in here and scare me like that??"

     "We're planning Poppy's baby shower!!" Exclaimed Satin in her whisper. Branch raised his eyebrows.

     "But we already had the baby. Besides, we have everything we need right here."

     The group exchanged a look to each other, then Suki chimed back in.

     "Dude, you have a couple of blankets, two or three onsies, diapers, and some bottles."

     "And may we remind you also that they are all yellow. Not saying yellow is a bad color, but you have a little princess now! She should be decked out in the pinkest of the pinks!" Said both Satin and Chenille.

     As much as Branch hated to admit it, they did have a point. They really didn't have that much for the baby. But he hated to feel the slightest bit dependent on his friends. He would just feel guilty that they spent their hard earned money on something for him.Especially his child because he should be able to support her own his own.

"No thanks guys. I think I can handle providing my child with everything she needs for survival."

"Oh no, I'm hearing a bit of the old Branch over here. You know, a negative vibe isn't good for a baby. They can sense it with their little baby minds." Guy Diamond said with a smirk. He always knew Branch was a stubborn one, but he was determined to crack that shell. The teal troll just shook his head with a smirk of his own.

"No they can't." Speaking too soon, he began to hear a loud cry from upstairs where Poppy was.

The gang gave the new father the "I told you so" face as they crossed their arms. The pink troll above gave a desperate call from above.

"Branch..! You okay down there..? I don't mean to rush you, but Melody is starting to get fussing and I think she wants her daddy..!"

"Who's Melody?" Whispered Biggie.

Turned around, facing away from the group, he rolled his eyes.

"Melody is what we named our daughter."

Satin let out an "aw" as her sister spoke once more, her hands covering her heart.

"Such a beautiful name..!"

     Branch was beginning to go up the passageway when he was halted by Smidge. She grabbed hold of Branch's vest, using all her strength to prevent him from going any farther until they finished their conversation.

     "Fine! Go ahead."

     Biggie's eyes twinkled as he walked towards the sorta grumpy troll. He held his hands together in a pleading position as the biggest smile grew on not only his face, but on all of the snack pack's.

     "Does this mean..?"

     "Yes, throw her the shower. But you guys gotta get outta here as soon as possible. I can't be coming up and down having conversations right now."

     As the teal troll continued to go back upstairs, he mumbled:

     "I've got a family to take care of."