Chapter 52: Piece of cake

"You know, I don't think the usual party agenda is gonna do it this time around." Spoke our rather large blue troll as he looked through their usual list of things to do for parties.

     "What?? What's wrong with it?" Guy Diamond said as he took the list and paid a closer look at it. It was everything they needed. Fireworks, confetti cannons, and DJ's rocking beats. The list was practically perfect in his mind.

     "As much as I hate to admit it, Biggie has a point. This is a baby shower. I don't think a baby, especially a baby as young as Melody would appreciate such loudness." Suki said as she removed her headphones from her head and gently stroked them.

     "Even if it means putting away my super sick beats for just one night."

     The group gasped.

     "Suki, you can't be serious.."

     "You love your beats..!" The fashion twins spoke, surprised by the orange haired troll's action.

     "It's just one night. Besides, it's not like I'll be totally musicless. I'll play some softer tunes, preferably to little Melody's liking."

     "She's only a couple of days old." Guy Diamond said in a sassy attitude as he filed his nails.

     Cooper made his way over to the list and looked at it again. Before he read, a disappointed frown was painted on his face, only for a bright smile to grow as he read.

     "You guys! We don't have to change that much! All we have to do is babify it!" Excitedly, he gave a little jump in place.

     The gang looked at each other, then at the jumping pink llama troll.

     "I'm confused."

     "Look, all we gotta do is take everything that's dangerous, and make it less dangerous! And I know just the troll to help!"

     Their conversation was interrupted by a loud wail, followed by soothing phrases from both a male and female voice. To him, they both sounded exhausted.

     "And here he comes now."

     Walking together, the gang made their way through the forest to find a Poppy and Branch walking towards their home with a crying Melody.

     "Don't worry sweetie, mommy's gonna feed you in just a little bit while daddy gets a nice little bath ready for you.. Doesn't that sound like fun to you..?" The pink troll asked, only to get another cry in response.

     Chenille touched Suki' shoulder, causing her to turn back in her direction. Confused, she questioned her friend.

     "Chenille? What's the matter?"

     "I dunno Suki.. You think this is a good idea? I mean, Branch and Poppy kinda have their hands full right now.. Maybe we should come back at a different time..?"

     "By the time Branch get's a free second, he'll be in his 90's. Melody definitely wouldn't be a baby anymore. Besides, Poppy's there too. She can handle a little baby on her own. She does it all the time."

     Suki walked off and went towards the not-so-secret bunker. Chenille reached her hand outward, only to pull it closer to herself. Satin looked over at her sister. Something was off. She could sense it. But Suki did have a point. They needed to go in now or else they'd never get the chance.

     "Come on Chenille.." spoke Satin softly.

     Together, the group knocked on the bunker door, hoping to get a response from their teal friend. Opening the little peephole, he looked up at the gang.

     "Oh, it's just you guys.. Listen, I don't think today's the best day to hang out.. Melody's pretty crabby and Poppy and I are kinda worried on why she's crying-"

    "Well we can help you guys out! Step aside buddy boy." Cooper said as he gm danced his way into their home.

     "It'll be a piece of cake."