Chapter 27: You wanna grab something to eat?

The snack pack just kinda looked at each other, unsure of what to say to their freaking out friend. Sulk took a deep breath, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

     "Bud, chill. It's nothing to worry about. She just has to talk with you that's all."

     "That's all? What if it's about her wanting to split?? I hate to sound selfish, but I don't want to split! I love her so much! Or what if she has this deadly disease that only gives her a month to live?? What if-" Satin placed a finger in front of his mouth, instantly shutting him up.

     "Baby doll, you need to chill. It's alright. We'll let you in on our little secret." She smiled and looked over to her sister.

     "We know that it's a subject she's been thinking about a lot. Also, she's extremely nervous to talk to you about it." Chenille added on. Biggie chimed in.

     "But it's can be a very exciting topic to discuss!"

     "Yeah, so don't sweat it." Cooper spoke with a smile. As much as Branch appreciated the comfort his friends were giving him, he couldn't help but feel a rock sit in his stomach as he thought about what she would be thinking about.

     Returning a smile to the group, he held out his arms and formed a group hug with the gang. Releasing, the teal troll looked at his watch and spoke.

     "Alright, so it's about time to go meet Poppy at the school house. Wish me luck trying to talk to her?"

     The group showed their crossed fingers, toes, and other body parts, giving him as luck as they could bare to give. Branch took a step, and went off towards his destination.

     As he made his way up to the school, he watched as the children walked along with their parents, telling them all about their day. Accidentally, the pink troll jumped when she heard him knock on the door.

     "Branch! You scared me."

     "Sorry, you ready to head out?" He said as he felt some sweat drip down his forehead. Poppy picked up her book and turned towards him, making a face as she noticed his sweat.

     "Yeah I'm- Branch, did you run here or something?" Branch wiped his forehead and chuckled.

     "Me? No, it's just, really hot in here don't you think??"

     The pink troll waved her hands around like a fan, taking in air that actually felt pretty cool. Instead of arguing, she shook it off.

     "Uh, yeah. Hey listen, um, do you maybe wanna go grab something to eat? I'm starving." That was it. That was the place she was probably gonna tell him something that'll make his adrenaline soar. As much as he wasn't ready to face what she had to say, if he said no, she'd know something was up with him.

     "Sure, where did you have in mind?"

     "I dunno.. maybe that one place you took me to when we started dating..?" She spoke with a smile as she played with his fingers. He loved it when she flirted with him like this. Her sparkly magenta eyes hypnotized him as they got closer together, their foreheads touching.

     "If that's where you wanna go, then let's go." The teal troll said, pulling her into a passionate kiss. He could sense that this was her way of getting rid of her nerves. But he could feel the same spark they had when they were first dating. Breaking the kiss, the pink troll looked up at him.

     "Alright, let's go get something to eat before my stomach eats itself."