Chapter 46: Back to the Bunker

I always take this super long break and write short chapters. Sorry for the delay!

     Branch looked down at the child in his wife's arms and thought of the name.

     "Melody..."

     Poppy gave a bright smile as she watches a much softer smile appeared on his face.

     "It's perfect.."

Her smiled shined brighter than the stars that were beginning to shine in the sky. Looking down at her sleeping child, she felt tears begin to form in her eyes. Here they were, sitting together as a family. Branch felt a chill go up his spine and stood up, holding his hand outward in Poppy's direction,

"Come on. I don't need my two girls getting a cold."

Taking his hand, the pink troll softly chuckled.

"You're a cornball."

     The three slowly walked back to the bunker to find that the snack pack and Peppy had already gone home. It was kinda odd for them to leave early, but Branch didn't really question it. Poppy however, had a thousand.

     "That's weird.. They never usually leave this early."

     "Hmm, guess they needed to head home. It is getting late and I still need to make something for us to eat. Those guys probably ate most of the food. Good thing I suggested that hidden food storage for emergencies." Branch said as he quickly went to see if they did find it. The pink troll sat in silence with her daughter as she watched her little bundle suck on her fingers. Poppy softly chuckled.

     "You hungry Melody..?" She spoke in the softest of tones, which was pretty rare for Poppy's volume. The baby continued to suck on her mother's fingers as she stood up.

     "Bottle... Bottle..." she said as she rummaged through her pile of baby items.

     Branch eventually made it down to his secret storage unit when something covered his mouth and prevented him from screaming as loud as he possibly could.

     He wasn't alone.