Chapter 55: Credit

It was pretty sunny outside when the three had left the bunker. Little Melody was bright eyed and bushy tailed as she looked around the world around her. Poppy smiled as she watched her daughter looked around curiously.

"She gets it from you."

"What?" Branch asked as he looked at his daughter. Even in her mother's arms she was so curious about nature. Wanting to get a grasp of what the world was like.

"Her curiosity of nature. I bet she's gonna be just like you."

That was a phrase Branch was afraid to hear. As much as emotions are important, he did not was Melody to have the same issues with emotions as he had. Anxiety, depression, the list could go on. No, he wouldn't allow her to be like him. He, was a bad example of something she should become.

"Hey, why's my dad putting balloons together..?"

Branch felt a smile softly grow on his face as he watched Poppy get more and more confused until she got a closer look of the area around her. The snack pack had big, bright smiles on their faces as the pink troll suddenly realized what was going on.

"Is this a.."

"Surprise! Welcome to your baby shower Poppy!" The gang shouted. The teal troll took the child away from her mother.

"Go on, give them hugs." He said with a gentle smile.

Poppy felt tears flow as a smile grew on her face. Running towards the group, she gave them the biggest hug she could muster.

"Thank you so much you guys...!"

     "Don't thank us!" Spoke Satin

     "It was Branch's idea!" Said Biggie

     The teal troll looked at the group extremely confused.

     "Hold on a second, I didn't-"

     "Bring your gift?? Come on Branch. Guess since you've been so busy with the party, it completely slipped your mind." Suki said. With a wave of her hand Guy Diamond walked beside her.

     "Here, Guy will go with you to get it."

     Still utterly confused, he looked over at Poppy who had the brightest smile on her face. Handing the baby off to her, both the sparkly troll and teal troll went back to the bunker. The walk was quiet, until Branch finally spoke up when they arrived to the bunker.

     "Why'd you guys give me the credit..? You all put so much hard work into making this day perfect for Poppy, but give me, the one who objected this party at first, the credit.."

     "Because dude. We know you can be stubborn. We know you're independent. We know you want to give those two the best life they can have through your hard work."

     Guy Diamond stopped as he watched Branch pull out a baby carriage he had been working on while Poppy had her chances to sleep. It was white and the soft fabric inside was yellow so while little Melody was looking upward at her parents, she would be in comfort.

     "Look at your gift. All that is hard work and knowing you, you're gonna say it's nothing."

     Guy Diamond paused as he gently petted the carriage.

     "Without you, none of this would be happening. You don't take enough credit for the great things that you do. For us, for Poppy, and now, your new addition, Melody. So we're giving you this credit, as our gratitude. Because dude, you're great."

     Branch smiled softly as Guy Diamond held his arms out for a hug. The teal troll couldn't help but give him a tight squeeze.

     "Thank you.."

     "No problem bud. Now let's get back to the party. Biggie made these roll things and you have to try them."