Eight

"Camila you take up so much damn room," Lauren complained, kicking the duvet off the pair of them.

"I do not," Camila protested indignantly, wrapping her arms around herself to conceal herself from the cold.

It was the day after Camila's late birthday party and they were still yet to come up with a plan to move Camila into the spare room.

Lauren climbed out of bed and opened the curtains, letting the light flood into the room. Camila shielded her eyes and Lauren pulled her leg.

"Yeah, you do," She declared, "look, look how much room you left me."

Lauren waved her finger at the small space she'd been made to sleep in and Camila smirked.

"I like my space," She shrugged.

"Yeah, I can see that," Lauren scoffed, "now get your ass out of bed."

Before Camila could argue Lauren's phone rang from its position on the bedside table and she picked it up before leaving the room.

"Hola Papá," She faked enthusiasm, praying that he didn't confirm her fears.

"Hola Laur, how are you? It's been so long since you came to the base," He chastised and Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Sorry Papá, I prefer to work from home, it's easier to concentrate over here," She told him, "I promise I'll come up soon."

"Don't bother, I'm on my way to your house now," He exclaimed eagerly.

Well this was bad.

"No no, I don't want to cause you a problem, I'll be over later," Lauren argued.

"I'm already in the car, I'll be here in about thirty minuets because I'm making a few stops on the way," He informed her.

"Okay then, I'll see you soon," She laughed nervously, hanging up the phone before going back into the bedroom where Camila was still laid in bed.

"Camila you have to move, like right now," Lauren's voice was urgent as she paced anxiously.

"What's wrong?" Camila sat up, her bed head falling messily around her prominent facial features.

"My Dad, he's coming here, he can't find out about you," Lauren could barely form a coherent sentence and Camila jumped out of bed.

"He's going to kill me, isn't he?" She questioned quietly and Lauren shook her head.

"Not if he doesn't find you," She watched as the younger girl chewed on her lip anxiously and stepped forward, taking hold of her wrists, "hey, he won't hurt you munchkin, I'll not let him."

"But he's your Dad Lauren, if it came down to it you wouldn't want to ruin your relationship with him, I'm just a stranger," Camila's voice broke and Lauren could sense the panic coming from her.

"I promise, we'll find a way remember, like you promised me," She pulled the petite girl into a hug and Camila rested her head against her chest, "besides, I don't let strangers into my bed."

Camila giggled despite the situation, squeezing her eyes shut.

"I don't suppose you have any good hiding places?" She raised an eyebrow and Lauren pulled away, taking her hand. She didn't say anything, just tugged her arm gently to tell her to follow her lead.