Forty Seven

A snack and an impromptu nap later, Camila was still as drunk as she was earlier, only more able to dance.

And that's what they were doing.

The words to the songs were indistinguishable as everyone sang along, the loud voices and constant thudding from the dancing drowning out the music.

Camila couldn't stop laughing. She could feel the music vibrating in her chest and she was being twirled by Dinah and the alcohol was making everything more funny.

The room was crowded.

It was more than crowded.

It felt like Miami's entire population was in Keana's living room, jumping up and down to the music. The air was hot and sticky and Camila could feel her cheeks flushing but the air felt nice as it hit her body when she moved. Red cups were strewn across every spare table and counter and Camila couldn't help but marvel at the mess of the room. The reflection of brightly colored lights bounced off every surface because of the light panel some had hooked up.

The room was alive.

Camila couldn't catch her breath and her voice was sore from singing but she was having one of the best times she could remember ever having.

She was clutching Dinah's hand as the danced, the motto strength in numbers really relating in this situation because with each other's hold, they were a lot more sturdy against the constant wave of bodies. A childlike giddiness was present between the pair as the giggled at anything and everything.

She danced until her blisters got unbearable and she couldn't stand, never mind dance.

"My feet," She shouted to Dinah over the music.

"Take them off," Dinah nodded to her shoes and Camila pulled a face because she didn't understand that she meant her shoes and she didn't want to take her feet off.

"No!" Camila exclaimed in horror, standing on one leg and lifting the other one up to examine it.

She was wobbling dangerously.

"Lauren will fix you," Dinah said positively and Camila looked around.

"Stuck, we're stuck," She laughed as she saw people in every place, leaving no escape.

"Well, say excuse me then," Dinah rolled her eyes, taking Camila's hand before pushing through the crowd.

Dinah's version of excuse me turned out to be a bunch of incoherent words but people tried their best to move. Hot bodies brushed past Camila as she followed Dinah, allowing the taller girl to take the lead.

Lauren was in the kitchen with Alexa, Normani and Keana.

"Laurennnnn," Camila dragged out the last syllable, causing Dinah to laugh.

Camila automatically joined in and by the time they were in front of the others, they were giggling messes.

"Camila," Lauren mimicked which only caused the two girls to laugh harder.

"Why are you in here?" Dinah demanded as Normani tried to steady her.

"Because we didn't want to be surrounded by people as drunk as you," Keana stuck out her tongue and Dinah glared at her.