Thirty Nine

"You sure you know what you're doing?" Dinah questioned.

"Listen, my love, Mani said to make sure you don't do anything stupid and I've seen Lauren cook pancakes hundreds of times," Camila assured her, pouring some batter into a frying pan.

"I've seen Lauren speak Spanish but it doesn't mean I'm very good at it," Dinah pointed out.

"Ten fe en mi niñita," Camila scoffed and Dinah glared at her.

"No Español," She shook her head, drawing her hand across her neck and Camila beamed.

"Sí sí," She cheered.

"I will hit you with this spatula," Dinah lifted the spatula in her hand and Camila laughed.

"Vete a la mierda," She feigned a disappointed expression which gave Dinah the impression that whatever she said wasn't very nice.

"You know, if this is how you talk to Lauren, I can see why she fucks you," Dinah mused and Camila's jaw dropped open.

"Dinah!"

"What, I'm just saying! You sound hot, you little Latina firecracker," Dinah winked and Camila rolled her eyes.

"You know, if this is how you talk to Normani, I can see why she wants to murder you," She mimicked and Dinah gasped loudly.

"Rude," She exclaimed.

A few minutes later, both girls were staring anxiously at the pancake.

"I don't think that looks very good," Dinah said bluntly and Camila couldn't find a reason to argue.

It didn't look very good.

"You know, I'm not very hungry," She shrugged it off, scraping the food, if it could be called that, into the trash.

"I have a great idea," Dinah's face lit up enthusiastically, "we should go and get pancakes to go and then we can drive to the base into my headquarters and we can watch them do their mission!"

"I don't know," Camila frowned hesitantly.

"C'mon, the person who's my partner has already met you, everyone in that part has. And anyways, it's my job, I can't be told off," Dinah pointed out.

"Lauren said you were going to do it from home," Camila bit her lip anxiously.

"One, my stuff here is so old and two, they won't even know, they can only hear me through her head piece," Dinah argued.

"She can hear you?" Camila's eyes widened and Dinah nodded.

"Yeah, I'm the one who tells them if it's clear or if there's traps. So basically, if I'm not there there's a chance they'll get hurt and my stuff is slow so they probably won't hear me in time," Dinah knew it was emotional blackmail but Camila agreed instantly after hearing that.

They climbed in her car, Dinah playing her music at full volume.

Thankfully it was better than Lauren's.

"Are you going to tell Mani and Lauren that I came to work with you?" Camila asked and Dinah furrowed her eyebrows in thought.

"No, they'd shout at me," She decided, which didn't help settle Camila's concerns.

"I really don't think this is a good idea," She told the younger girl who turned to face her.

"How much can they shout at me if I'm doing it for the safety of their lives. If I did it from home then it wouldn't be as good," She said confidentially and Camila wavered but still agreed because she didn't want any of their lives to be in danger.