Fourteen

"Camz, Normani and Dinah are coming around today," Lauren hollered up the stairs and Camila rushed down in a panic.

"What?" She asked incredulously.

"We're all gonna hang out," Lauren shrugged, taking a bite of her cookie.

"Why would you invite the girl who hates me around to hang out with me," Camila's voice rose at the end, getting higher and higher pitched.

"Cause she's gonna learn to not hate you," Lauren smiled proudly at her idea and Camila's mouth hung open.

"Are you stupid Lauren," She shrieked, scrunching her face up with confusion at the older girls utter stupidness.

"No, I have a 4.9 GPA, what's yours?" She asked, an innocent smile on her face.

"You're so annoying," Camila huffed, turning on her heel and stomping up the stairs.

"Is that why you slept about three miles away from me last night," Lauren called after her.

"Yes that's exactly why," Camila shouted, taking her stress out onto Lauren in infuriation.

By the time there was a second knock on the door Camila had already ran downstairs, her outfit fully changed.

Lauren ran her eyes down her clothes that she changed into; a pair of white jeans and an off the shoulder, long sleeved black crop top decorated with flowers.

"Don't stress, it'll be fine," Lauren flashed her a toothy smile before opening the door.

Normani and Dinah stood, each carrying a plastic bag.

"Hi," Dinah beamed, immediately walking in.

"We brought out swimming costumes for later babe, cause we know you love how we look in our bikinis," Normani pinched Lauren's cheeks and the Cuban girl swatted her hands away.

The entire time Camila stood, hidden behind Lauren.

That was until she felt a tug on her arm.

"Can I speak to you?" Normani asked, somewhat shy and Camila turned to look for Lauren but her and Dinah were already leaving the room, unaware the others weren't following.

"Um... sure," Camila furrowed her eyebrows and Normani took a deep breath.

"I heard about your's and Lauren's kiss," She started and Camila felt herself blush profusely.

"Oh," She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear bashfully.

She was pretty sure she'd rather be hated by the African-American than have to endure this painfully awkward conversation.

"You make Lauren happy, I can tell, she already thinks the world of you. And my girlfriend loves you more than she loves me and I guess I'm trying to say I'm sorry for being a bitch... and maybe we could be friends?" She looked at her as she added the last part, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'd like that," Camila agreed quietly, a smile tugging on her lips.

"Good cause I got something that I think will help you and it'd be hella embarrassing if you declined cause I don't know what I'd do with it," Normani laughed, "also I lost the recite so it'd be a waste of money and a girl's gotta save the little money she gets."

She rambled this whilst rummaging through one of the plastic bags, pulling out a package and handing it to the younger girl.

She unwrapped it carefully, revealing a jewellery box which she immediately recognised as her own. She flipped the lip and inside found two bracelets.

Possession ➸ CamrenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara