Fifty Five

"Dinah your hair!" Camila exclaimed, rushing forward to grab the now shoulder length, blonde curls in her hands.

"Who are you?"" Lauren shrieked.

"Let me breathe, guys. It's only hair," Dinah laughed as she tried to wriggle free of both small Latinas.

"It's so short and bouncy!" Camila bounced it against her palm. Lauren had untangled herself from the Polynesian but Camila was showing no signs of moving so Dinah just lifted her up with ease, placing her on her feet behind them. "Heyyyy."

"Why did you cut it? I thought you loved your lions mane," Lauren raised an eyebrow.

"I kept having nightmares about the men and one of them would tug on my hair so I got it cut," Dinah shrugged, running a hand through the curls. "Do you like it?"

"I love it," Camila piped up, still behind them. "Are you excited for your date with Normani?"

"It's not a date. It's a way to try and get me to leave the house," Dinah sighed.

"You're already out the house. You're here!" Camila pointed out, joining Lauren so they were both facing the younger girl.

"Not like that, Camz. She means like, on the streets," Lauren told her.

"But why is she making you? You'll leave when you want to?" Camila frowned and Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Exactly. But she wants to take me out," She huffed.

"Well, you're going if you like it or not and lucky for you, you've got moi to help you get ready," Lauren pointed to herself, sticking out her tongue and Dinah smiled slightly.

"And I'm here for moral support," Camila beamed, giving her a thumbs up.

"Lucky me," Dinah said sarcastically, to which Camila pushed her shoulder.

"I'm the best thing in your life," Camila told her.

"You're up there," Dinah shrugged, reaching out to cup under Camila's chin.

"Nooo. Say I'm the best," Camila whined.

"Sorry babe, I'm not a liar," Dinah sang, skipping away and making her way upstairs.

"You're the best thing in mine," Lauren smiled at her girlfriend and Camila returned it.

"I know," She wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck, placing a kiss on her lips.

"Would you guys stop being so sickeningly cute and come help me get ready," Dinah hollered down the stairs.

"Can we mute her?" Camila muttered against Lauren's lips.

"Sadly not," Lauren laughed, pulling away. "We should go. We have a girl to get ready for a date."

"Do you know where you're going?" Lauren questioned as she carefully applied mascara to Dinah's eyelashes.

"No, it's a surprise," Dinah sighed.

"Sucks to be you 'cause I know," Lauren sang, picking up a lipstick.

"Tell me," Dinah commanded but Lauren shook her head.

"I'd never do Mani like that," She fake gasped in shock. "But you will like it."