Fifty Nine

Camila made it to day four without having to talk to Lauren about what happened.

The pair hadn't had any physical contact since Camila fell asleep in Lauren's arms the night she returned. Hell, she barely spoke to her unless it was unavoidable, afraid that if they'd had a conversation that it would lead to them having to talk about what happened.

Camila mainly just spent her time hidden in the bedroom on the phone that Lauren had apparently collected for her whilst she was away.

That made her feel even guiltier for avoiding the girl.

She knew it was cowardly but she couldn't help it.

But Lauren couldn't find herself to be annoyed at the younger girl for putting off talking because one, it was her fault they had to have this talk in the first place, and two, she also could see how much it was affecting the brunette.

And although Camila managed to not cry in front of Lauren, the girl read like a book and Lauren could tell that she was struggling. The fact that Lauren often woke up in the night to hear the shower running and small sniffles coming from the bathroom also added to her conclusion.

Camila never mentioned her crying to Lauren and Lauren never mentioned when Camila would come out of the bathroom with swollen eyes.

They just ignored it.

But when Lauren was walking back from the bathroom and heard muffled sobs coming from her bedroom, she decided she couldn't ignore it anymore.

She knocked on the door, hearing the sound of shuffling coming from the other side before Camila spoke up, "I've got to go now Ally. Bye."

There was a short protest from the girl on the phone but it was cut short because Camila hung up. "Yes?" Her voice wavered, giving away the brave front she'd put on.

Lauren pushed the door open, taking in the sight in front of her.

Camila was sat on the foot of the bed, her knees curled up against her chest, hugging them loosely. Her wrists had been scratched until they had bled, the skin torn and irritated.

And Lauren rushed forward to stop her from doing any more damage to herself, crouching in front of her with a concerned look plastered on her features.

"Talk to me," She whispered but Camila shook her head.

"I ca-an't," She choked out.

"No, don't talk with me. Talk to me. Talk to me about you," Lauren elaborated and Camila paused, her chest rising unevenly.

"My hands. They won't stop shaking and I-I can't fix it," Camila lifted her hands, holding them out for Lauren to see. They were balled into fists, her nails digging tightly into her palms.

"Okay, we can fix that together though. We can fix that," Lauren said softly, taking one of Camila's hands in both of hers. She massaged it, gently prying away each finger until she could link their hands, bringing it up to her lips and resting them their for a moment.

"And my other?" Camila sniffled and Lauren nodded, doing the same to her other one. Her hands stayed linked in Lauren's and she moved to sit on the floor, opposite the older girl.