Sixty Two

Lauren cursed herself for not bringing a jacket as she walked down the cold hallway.

She guessed it served her right for thinking she was tough enough to brave the cold at one in the morning without her hoodie.

"Fucking hell," She muttered under her breathe as she rubbed her hands down her arms to try and warm them up.

She'd never hated Dinah more in her life then she did in this moment.

Lauren was awoken from her sleep about ten minutes ago by the Polynesian girl phoning her to tell her that Normani had been released from the hospital and if it was okay for them to crash on the hotel room's couch.

"Hi, sorry for waking you," Dinah's voice startled Lauren who turned to face her.

"It's okay," She brushed it off tiredly. She peered round the taller girl to get a look at Normani who was wrapped in Ally's arms. "How are you?"

"Good," Normani answered weakly.

"Let's get you inside," Ally gently pushed her forward and Lauren rolled her eyes playfully at how Ally fussed over the younger girl, clearly taking on the role of the responsible one.

The walk back to the room was silent - mainly because Lauren and Ally told Dinah so many times to talk quieter that the blonde just stopped speaking.

"Roomy," Dinah stated sarcastically.

"Vero and Lucy are in here too in their own room," Lauren explained as she walked in, choosing to ignore Dinah.

"Where's Mila?" Dinah looked around the empty hallway.

"In bed, obviously. It's half past one," Lauren told her, rolling her eyes as Dinah opened the bedroom door.

"She's so cute when she's sleeping," She commented in a baby voice.

"You're so weird," Lauren rolled her eyes, pushing her forward and closing the door again.

"Can we wake her up? Is she still drunk? She's hilarious," Dinah stated.

"No, we can't wake her up, I hope she's not still drunk and I know she's hilarious," Lauren kept pushing Dinah until they reached the living room where she sat her down on the couch. "Don't you have a girlfriend to be taking care of?"

"I can't get to her. Ally's too busy fussing over her," Dinah said simply.

"Has she sobered up any?" Lauren questioned and Dinah shrugged.

"I can't tell if she's still a little tipsy or just emotional," She told her truthfully.

"Hi Mani, you okay?" Lauren asked as Normani walked into the room, grabbing onto her good hand.

"I couldn't take my shoes off," Normani's voice trembled as if that was a perfectly good answer to the question.

"Mani, how many times do I have to tell you. Sandals are hard to unbuckle," Ally also walked in, her voice reassuring.

"Yeah babe, especially with one hand," Dinah added, pulling her onto the couch next to her. Normani went to stand back up but Dinah held her down firmly, "stay sat down Manz."

Normani went to protest but Lauren quickly spoke. "We need you to sit next to her to shut her up. She's being annoying as hell."

Dinah flashed her a grateful smile before glaring at her for her words.

"Everyone's so abusive here," Ally muttered from where she was sat in the armchair.

"Rude," Lauren scoffed and Ally looked up from her phone.