Twenty Three

The next day wasn't much better for either of the girls.

Camila had tossed and turned all night, whimpering in her sleep and crying out if Lauren tried to pry her off of her because she was freezing.

In the end Lauren swaddled Camila in a blanket and just held her in her arms because that way they were still touching but Camila's skin wasn't pressed against Lauren's.

Of course, just as they'd settled Camila had to run to the toilet to throw up, disturbing the light sleep they'd both fell into.

Lauren had dashed after her, rubbing her back and whispering soothing things to her before tucking her back into bed and holding her again.

This cycle repeated throughout the entire night right till early morning, when Camila finally fell into a deep sleep.

But that worried Lauren, so she shook her girlfriend awake to check on her.

After that they didn't even try to go back to sleep.

"I'm sorry," Camila said for what must've been the seventh time that morning.

"Stop that, it's not your fault," Lauren told her.

"Sorry," Camila apologised again, releasing what she said too late.

"Cameeela," Lauren whined, poking her cheek and she managed a faint flicker of a smile.

"Do you still love me," She practically whimpered, pulling the skin of her lips between her teeth.

"I answered that question yesterday," Lauren reminded her but Camila shook her head.

"You never said it though, you just said you did."

"I love you, I am utterly and helplessly in love with you Camila Cabello. I love how you look at everything with so much adoration that my heart swells and how you can find a positive in every negative thing in this world. I love how beautiful you are even though you don't see it and how you can be so shy and reserved and then turn so hyper and giggly in a second. I love you when you're stubborn and argumentative but at the same time so gentle and caring. I love you," Lauren's speech was long but the truth was, that wasn't half the things that she loved about Camila. She could go on all day.

"Thank you," Camila whispered, curling onto her side and pulling Lauren impossibly closer.

The older girl lifted Camila up so she was laid on top her stomach. She pulled the many blankets over them and held the cold girl tightly, tracing patterns on the small of her back.

She was asleep in minuets.

After a while Camila started to get heavy with the extra weight of the blankets so Lauren turned over gently onto her side, laying Camila next to her.

The brunette immediately began to whimper, reaching out for the older girl and Lauren wrapped her arms around her.

"Hey hey, I've got you," She whispered and Camila instantly calmed down, snuggling into her chest.

"I've always got you," She added, planting a kiss on the top of her head.
                                         •••
It was four days before Camila returned anywhere near her usual self and even then she was still clingy, refusing to be left alone for long periods of time.

"Baby I'm right here," Lauren walked into the bedroom, having changed out of pyjamas into clothes.

Camila hadn't spoken but Lauren had heard the confused whimper that had left her mouth when she'd woke up to an empty bed.