Sixty Five

A month had passed since they went on the late night drive to the beach and everything was going well.

And Camila didn't like to jinx things but things were going really well and she couldn't be happier.

Dinah had gotten over the incident with her mom not showing and had point blank refused to reply to messages she sent her, in the end just blocking her. She claimed she didn't want to go through her lies and broken promises again (all of the girls were proud of her for sticking up for herself, Normani and Camila had attacked her in a hug and refused to let her go for a solid ten minutes).

The African-American girl had her cast removed a few days ago, much to her relief. She hated the restrictions it caused and was reluctant to accept help, much to Dinah's teasing.

And Camila and Lauren were just happy. Like, genuinely happy. They were either kissing or smiling at each other and whilst it earned them a lot of fake gagging noises from Dinah, they didn't care (neither did Dinah really but she wouldn't admit that). So they pretty much always had some kind of contact and they were reluctant to break it.

Lauren had suggested the idea of throwing a party a few days ago. It started off as a small gathering with just the girls and a few more friends but eventually grew to the point where Camila couldn't keep track.

She wasn't complaining though, she didn't have a place to. Lauren had asked her about three thousand times if she was okay with it and Camila she reassured her about three thousand and one times that she honestly didn't care at all.

And she didn't.

So they were currently setting up for the party which would be hosted later that night.

Camila had never seen so many plastic cups or bags of chips in her life. She was pouring them into bowls on the table that she could already tell were gonna end up smashed because drunk people and glass was like, the worst combination ever.

"Camz, can you come help me please?" Lauren called from the living room and Camila walked over to the room. The older Latina has just finished setting up the speaker and turned to Camila with a smile. "The final test," She announced, grabbing her phone and choosing a random song off one of her Spotify playlists.

One Direction started playing through the speakers at full blast and Camila laughed, her hands flying up to cover her ears.

"This is my playlist for you," Lauren informed her once she'd turned the music down to a volume that didn't shake the house. Camila smiled at the information, her eyes crinkling in the corners.

"Can we play my playlist at the party?" Camila raised an eyebrow in question.

"No, I still want to have friends after it," Lauren told her and Camila glared at her.

"Bitch," She muttered and Lauren smiled, walking towards her.

"Maybe I can sneak in some Demi Lovato for you," She joked.

"I'm counting on it," Camila said, feigning seriousness.

"We can keep it on for now though," Lauren smiled.

"What, One Direction?" Camila asked and Lauren put a finger up to stop her.

"I was thinking more... this," She paused until she found the song she was looking for before she threw her phone on the couch just as the sound of Ed Sheeran came from the speakers.

Camila looked up to meet Lauren's eyes as she recongnized the song to be Thinking Out Loud, smiling softly.

"Aren't you reminiscent," She said playfully.