Forty Five

Camila slept right into the afternoon.

She would have slept longer if it wasn't for the fact that Lauren woke her up. The older Latina was growing concerned as her girlfriend continued to sleep through the day. She knew she was exhausted from her previous refusal to sleep but it was still starting to scare her.

"And I'll make you pancakes if you get out of bed," Lauren proceeded to try and coax her girlfriend out of bed once again, running her fingers through the brunette hair as Camila groaned.

"I don't want pancakes I want to go back to sleep," Her voice was thick with fatigue and Lauren smiled, scraping her nails gently across Camila's scalp.

The younger girl practically trilled, pushing further into Lauren's touch.

"We don't have anything to do today, we can just cuddle and watch movies," Lauren continued.

"We can cuddle in bed," Camila argued.

"You can sleep on the couch," Lauren countered and Camila stayed silent, considering the option. "And it'll be better because we can cuddle."

"You should let me sleep, I thought that's what you wanted. I didn't fall asleep until after one this morning," Camila huffed.

"You fell asleep at twenty to three, to be precise. And I know, because I was also awake," Lauren reminded her, knotting her fingers in Camila's hair to tilt her head back so she could meet her eyes.

"We had a bath together," Camila recalled.

"We did."

"You saw all my bruises," She sighed.

"I did," Lauren confirmed, "and you looked just as beautiful as ever."

"I'm not beautiful," Camila mumbled bashfully.

"One day I'm going to get you to believe it, even if it's my last words," Lauren tried to lighten the mood and Camila smiled.

"I'll hold you to that," She told her, sitting up and climbing out of bed. "Stop looking at me like that, perv."

She feebly threw a t-shirt at Lauren, which the older girl caught, laughing.

"Don't throw it at me, use it to cover yourself up," She exclaimed and Camila grabbed one of Lauren's t-shirts, pulling it over her head and sliding on a pair of spandex shorts that she was pretty sure she hadn't worn since when she'd been forced to participate in gym activities in high school.

"Brush my hair?" Camila held out a brush and Lauren walked towards her, taking the brush off of her. Camila sat on the floor and Lauren knelt behind her, pulling her hair over her shoulder before gently working her way through the knots.

"Do you want me to braid it?" Lauren asked but Camila shook her head.

"No I want you to play with it," She told her and Lauren laughed.

"Demanding much," She ruffled her hair, making the neatly brushed strands frizzy on the top of her head, "let's go downstairs."

"Lauren," Camila whined, throwing her arms down in a huff and stomping her foot on the kitchen floor.

"What?" Lauren walked into the kitchen, concerned.

"You don't have any chocolate," Camila pouted.

"I don't like chocolate," Lauren answered simply.

"Yes you do!"