Forty Two

It was the next day and Camila was currently stood in the kitchen, very confused.

She'd managed to make two bowls of cereal in the morning and two sandwiches for lunch but they were basic and didn't require heat.

Her hand was already burnt and she didn't want to hurt it any more.

"Pizza, pizza, pizza," She mumbled, hastily pulling it out from the stove and placing it on a plate.

After slicing it, unevenly, she smiled proudly at how it turned out.

She carried the plate through to the living room where Lauren was asleep on the couch.

The medication she was on made her tired and irritable but Camila did her best to put it aside.

"Lauren, it's time to wake up now," She said quietly and the older girl stirred. "Hi."

"Hey," Lauren rubbed her eyes and Camila smiled.

"I made food but you don't have to eat it, I'm not sure if it's good but I tried," She said earnestly and Lauren sat up.

"No, you made it, of course I'll eat it," She told her and Camila beamed proudly.

"I never burnt it, see," She offered out the plate and Lauren took a slice.

"Thank you, it looks delicious," She smiled, taking a bite.

To her surprise, it wasn't that bad.

"How do you feel?" Camila asked.

"Good, it hurts but it's not unbearable," Lauren replied honestly.

"Am I looking after you okay, you don't still want to call Lucy or Mani do you?" Camila raised an eyebrow.

"Well considering its Dinah's birthday i don't think she'd appreciate if Normani came over," Lauren laughed before continuing, "and no, you're doing perfect."

"Good, I'm happy you're okay," Camila smiled, hesitating slightly before kissing Lauren's forehead.

"I'm happy you're happy," Lauren replied, reaching out to stroke Camila's cheek, "and that you're not as bad as a cook as I thought."

"I thought I would burn it," Camila giggled.

"How's your hand?" Lauren questioned upon hearing the subject of burns.

"Good, see, it barely hurts," Camila lied, "don't worry about me, I'll be okay."

"I know you will but I still worry," Lauren told her, laughing and Camila scrunched up her nose.

"Well don't, worry about you," She poked her in the chest and Lauren slapped her finger away.

"Shut up and eat your pizza," She rolled her eyes and Camila took a bite, opening her mouth to show Lauren the contents of her mouth, "ew, that's disgusting!"

Camila only swallowed before smiling sweetly, shrugging her shoulders.

"I can't believe I'm in love with you," Lauren scoffed.

"Me neither," Camila mumbled and Lauren cupped her face gently.

"Don't say that," She said softly and Camila quickly glanced around as if to make sure no one was watching before kissing her hand and pressing it to Lauren's cheek.

"Eat your food so I can give you your medication," She instructed and the older girl nodded in agreement.

Lauren had announced she was going upstairs to bed around quarter to ten and Camila told her she was going to make sure the doors were locked before she joined her.