Fifteen

"It's dark now, can we please go swimming," Camila had been itching to go swimming all day but the other three had insisted it as better at night and had made her wait.

"Fine, go get changed," Lauren told her and the younger girl jumped off of the couch, running into the bedroom.

Luckily Normani and Dinah had packed her a bikini so she rummaged through her part of Lauren's closet, pulling out a white triangle bikini with black bottoms and pulling it on, wrapping a towel around herself before walking out of the bedroom.

"If you go out the backdoor the pool is right outside so you don't have to walk all the way around," Lauren informed her before disappearing into the bedroom and leaving Camila to find the pool herself.

The Latina walked down the stairs, unlocking the back door and making her way to the still water.

Camila unwrapped the towel from around herself, leaving it on a sun bed before dipping her toes in the water.

It was freezing.

She slowly worked her way in deeper until her body was fully submerged in the water, causing ripples in the still pool.

She swam around for a few minuets and slowly but surely her body began to adjust to the temperature.

She'd forgotten how beautiful it was to swim at night.

Her family had never allowed a pool in their backyard but Ally's family had one and the pair of friends spent many nights swimming together.

She laid on her back, looking at the stars scattered in the dark sky.

Camila had always loved skies, she found something about them intriguing.

The fact that one thing could go on forever, across the entire world, painting the world with many different colors, amazed her.

It always had.

When she was a kid she'd wanted nothing more to fly.

Even if it was just for one day, she'd wanted to experience the ability to soar through the sky effortlessly and fly away from all the mean people and their hateful words.

She admired birds and how they looked like dancers when they dived downwards only to fly back up, their wings carrying them.

She was adamant that when she was older she'd grow wings and had spend many nights looking in her mirror, feeling her prominent shoulder blades and convincing herself that they'd soon transform into wings.

She'd even planned what they would look like when they did grow, they'd be made of beautiful white feathers, tinted a blush pink at the ends.

But her wings had never came and she'd been forced to stick around on the ground like every other person she met, unable to escape the harsh words and actions that came her way. 

She laid on her back, trying to remember as much about constellations as she could, which turned out to be a depressing small amount, until she heard a small splash in the water.

She pushed herself back into an upright position, turning around to see Lauren walking down the steps into the water.

She looked like she was ready for a photoshoot.

Lauren swam towards her, seemingly unfazed about the coldness of the water, only stopping when their bodies were almost touching.

But not quite.