Twenty Four

"Are you coming to the party?"

Camila furrowed her eyebrows at Dinah's question because she never even knew if there was a party.

"Dinah," Lauren hissed, shooting her a hard look.

"Lolo why didn't you want me to come to your party?" Camila frowned, turning to face Lauren who was stood behind her.

"We'll talk in the kitchen," Lauren told her before disappearing out of the room.

Camila climbed onto her feet before following her girlfriend, sitting on the island counter and Lauren stood in front of her.

Camila opened her mouth to speak but Lauren stopped her by placing a finger to her lips.

"I didn't want you to come to the party because I was scared," She admitted.

"Why, didn't you want your friends to meet you, am I embarrassing?" Camila squeaked, her face growing red.

"No no, that's not it," Lauren shook her head hurriedly, playing with the sleeves of her jumper. "It's just.. my friends are loud and brash and I know Austin took you to parties and I didn't want our first date to be at one," She rambled quickly, avoiding Camila's eyes.

"You should have told me though," Camila sighed, swinging her legs.

"I know, I'm sorry," Lauren mumbled guiltily, ducking her head and letting her dark hair fall over it.

"I want to go," Camila blurted out, knowing she'd regret the words later.

She hated parties.

"Camz no," Lauren shook her head but Camila nodded stubbornly.

"We are going, when is it?" She questioned and Lauren checked her phone.

"In three hours," She told the younger girl who clasped her fingers together.

"Perfect, I can go and get ready," She jumped off the island but Lauren caught her arm before she could walk away.

"It's not gonna be like your fancy parties, please don't put on a ball gown," Camila checked if she was joking but Lauren looked deadly serious.

She bit her lip anxiously. She didn't know what you were meant to wear to parties and she needed to make a good first impression.

So she chose the best option she could think of: Normani.

"We're going," Camila smiled happily as she met the other girls, "will you help me choose an outfit."

Normani's face lit up in a huge smile and she squealed before dragging Camila into her bedroom.

"Do you own any hot clothes?" Dinah questioned from her position of the bed and Camila shook her head.

"Don't worry, I'll find something," Normani assured her, grinning as she pulled out a short black skater skirt and a floral crop top with straps that crossed over her back.

Camila quickly changed into the outfit, running her fingers down the material of her skirt.

"Do I look okay?" She asked nervously and her two friends looked at each other before turning to face her, grinning.

"Time for makeup," Dinah squealed, pulling her into the bathroom and sitting her on the counter whilst Normani rummaged through her makeup bag that she stored here for moments like this.

"Tell me, do you want natural or do you want hot?" She questioned.

"I want whatever will make me look like someone Lauren would like," Camila answered.