Sixty Seven

Burning.

Everything was burning.

Her eyes were burning from the sudden light after being in the dark for so long; her lungs were burning with the smell of smoke from someone's cigarette; her wrists were burning from the rope tied tightly around them; her heart was burning from the constant ache she felt.

In fact, it might not even be burning any more. Because she's pretty sure it's all burnt out. She's all burnt out.

She could hear the murmur of voices, though she was too out of it to differentiate between them or make out what they were actually saying.

Not that she cared what they had to say. She just wanted to go home. Go home to Lauren. Lauren was her home. And she needed to go back to her home.
                                              •••
It had been over week since Lauren had seen Camila.  Eight days, to be exact.

Eight days since Lauren had hugged or kissed her girlfriend. Eight days of sleeping in an empty bed. Eight days of feeling like her heart had been physically split in two.

It was also on the eight day that a short, frazzled blonde burst into the house and managed to pull Lauren from her depressed state that she'd fell into through no other reason than the fact that Ally crying was on the same level of hurt as kicking a puppy and Lauren tried to stop it as quickly as possible.

Hence why she finally left the room that was still sectioned off for the detectives and led Ally to the living room, pulling her into an embrace.

"It's okay Ally, we're gonna get her back." She murmured into her hair, holding her tightly. The older Latina couldn't talk so she just clung onto Lauren even tighter.

A loud sob left her mouth and she buried her face in Lauren's shoulder, her body trembling as it did so. "Ally, please don't cry. It's gonna be okay."

The blonde only shook her head in response so Lauren cupped her face gently, "we're still looking. Everyone's not stopped working yet, we're gonna find her. We're gonna get her back."

"No but it's Camila. It's always Camila! An-and they've got her and she's gone. What if they hurt her? Oh my god, what if they hurt her?" Ally tangled her fingers in her hair, pulling away from Lauren's hands in her panic.

Lauren caught her wrists gently, effectively stopping her from moving.

"I'm meant to protect her. I'm not meant to let people hurt her," Ally cried and Lauren pulled her into a hug. 

"I know. Me too. I've failed her too Ally," She murmured into her hair, rocking her slightly to try and soothe her. She knew arguing Ally on it would be useless right now. "It's all gonna be okay Ally, I promise."

Lauren was shocked at how quickly Ally could turn from an emotional mess to a fussing mother so fast.

After the blonde had stopped crying the two girls simply held each other for a bit, occasionally muttering something. Even after that when Lauren had shown Ally the detectives and chaos of mess to reassure her that no one has given up, the Latina was still quiet and anxious, refusing to let go of Lauren's hand. And that upset Lauren even more because Ally was like sunshine and she didn't like it when she was sad.

But Ally was the type of person that when she was upset, she tried extra hard to cheer everyone up because she didn't want anyone else to feel as shit as herself.

She had currently taken charge over Lauren and had made it her mission to try and help the girl because she looked like she hadn't slept or ate in years. After forcing Lauren to take a shower she took it upon herself to do the laundry and cook them a meal. Nothing to fancy, she said, just carbonara.