Sixty Nine

Lauren was sat in the back of a car, her head resting against the window.

The glass was cold and every time they hit a bump in the road her head banged against it but she didn't move it away.

The drive was forty five minutes long in the direction they'd first came in. She'd been no longer that fifteen minutes away from the house the entire time.

Fifteen minutes.

Lauren was still slightly confused on how they'd found where she was. Apparently whilst they were searching the building the detectives had hacked into the computer system and found a small building being used to hold someone hostage. They'd had no proof it was Camila in there until they'd found her hoodie which proved it was her.

Lauren pulled the item of clothing closer, burying her face in it.

It smelt faintly like Camila and Lauren closed her eyes, pulling her knees up so her feet were on the chair.

"Lauren?"

She looked up at the voice and Normani sighed at the tear stains on her face.

"Well we can't have you saving your girl looking like this," She said softly, cupping her face and wiping her cheeks.

"Do you think we're too late?" Lauren asked shakily, her voice pitifuly helpless and Normani shook her head.

"Better late than never," She pointed out.

"Not if they've hurt her," Lauren argued and Normani covered her mouth with her hand.

"Don't think like that," She told her firmly and Lauren nodded.

Normani wrapped her arms around her from the side, pulling her head against her shoulder and kissing the top of it. Lauren sniffled, her chest still rising unevenly from crying.

She was still crying when Dinah picked her up, carrying her to the car and placing her in her seat. She didn't know when she stopped, probably when she ran out of tears.

"Listen here Lauren. If you do anything stupid that puts you at risk I'm handcuffing you to me," Nick warned as they got closer.

Lauren didn't reply and Normani spoke for her. "She's not gonna," She assured him, nudging Lauren. The Latina nodded in answer and Normani smiled. "Everything's gonna be fine Nick. We aren't stupid."

"It's not you I'm worried about," Nick shot a pointed  at the green-eyes girl who chose to ignore it.

"Lauren's not gonna do anything stupid. We promise."

That promise lasted not even an hour.

It was about twenty minutes later when the car finally pulled up. They were about five minutes away from the road, the only thing visible being a small building that looked like it had been empty for years.

It was average size, although Lauren had been told that there was a large unground attached to it by tunnels and passageways.

They had no idea which part Camila was being held in but due to the fact that no lights were on, she was guessing it was the underground part.

There were no cars besides there's, no noise, no sound of any human activity whatsoever.

"Are you sure it's here?" Lauren questioned doubtfully as they pulled up, face smashed against the glass as she squinted her eyes to try and see something.

Anything.

"Yeah, this is the place. It's been owned by The Society for years," Nick informed them, turning around to face them. "Nothing stupid Jauregui, you hear me?"