Fifty Four

AN:  Sorry for not updating for seven years but I got my phone took off of me for a week and then I went on holiday without wifi so it was hard.
This is hella dramatic bitches.

Camila was running.

She didn't know where she was, she seemed to be in a series of dark alleyways, but her legs knew where they were going as she carried on sprinting.

There was a coppery taste on her tongue and as she ran a hand down her face, she found it was caused by blood that was slowly running from a cut on her head. Her hair was stuck to her sweaty face and she could feel it growing sticky due to the blood but she didn't care.

She needed to find Lauren.

Her breaths were laboured as she continued to run through the endless alleys, the night air cold as it hit her.

She ran until she arrived at a house. A desperate cry for Lauren's name escaped her mouth and she ran through the door without a second thought. She was hit by the smell of burning flesh so strong it made her eyes water.

She called Lauren's name again, getting a whimper from down in the basement.

She made it there just in time to see the knife plunge into Lauren's stomach, her body alongside Normani and Dinah's motionless ones.

They were all dead.

The sound of screams pulled Lauren out of her sleep.

She shot up instantly, a hand flying out and reaching for the familiar shape of Camila's petite body curled up under the blankets. It was there which eased some of Lauren's worry, tossing and turning relentlessly.

Lauren moved her hands so they were rested under Camila's body, ready to pull her into a sitting position but Camila twisted so she was now laid on her side.

"Camila. Wake up. Wake up, baby," She coaxed, rubbing her thumbs over her bare arm.

Camila's screams blended with a mixture of petrified cries of Lauren's name. Lauren's stomach dropped at the thought of herself causing Camila so much fear and she shook her firmly, lessening her grip the minute she felt Camila jolt.

She could tell Camila was awake due to the way she tensed up so much her entire body was rigid, despite not opening her eyes or speaking.

Lauren skipped lifting her so she was sat up, instead pulling her straight into her arms and onto her lap.

"I've got you. I've got you, baby girl," She told her, feeling how Camila was shaking in her arms, thrashing out every few seconds. "Hey. Hey, baby. It's me, it's just me."

Camila sucked in a sharp intake of breath before rambling bunch of incoherent words which Lauren could only make sense out of Lauren and running and dead.

"Camila," Lauren stroked back the brunette hair but the younger Latina shook her head. "Hey. Camila. Open your eyes for me."

"Lauren," Camila gripped onto her tightly, as if she'd only just realized that she was awake.

"I'm right here. See, open your eyes," Lauren gently stroked her thumb over Camila's eyelid and the brunette opened her eyes hesitantly. "I'm here, baby. I'm okay, we both are."