Fifty One

Dinah and Normani had to leave the room so Dinah could have a bath because she was dirty and they had to see how severe her cut was so Lauren was alone with a sleeping Camila.

She looked too innocent for this world; curled up on the chair in a small ball and her relaxed features only making her look younger.

Dinah soon came back, wearing a pair of pyjamas that Normani had brought for her, with her girlfriend hot on her heels.

Lauren shuffled to the end of the bed, allowing the pair of them to sit down.

There were fresh tear marks down Dinah's face.

"What happened?" Lauren asked softly, taking Dinah's hand in her own.

"She has to go under anaesthetic so they can remove splinters from her cut. She's scared," Normani informed her.

"Don't wanna be alone," Dinah sniffled.

"You won't be alone, baby. There will be doctors in the room," Normani pointed out gently, wrapping her arms around her sideways.

"But I want to stay with you," Dinah shook her head.

"But you can't. It'll be quick, you won't even be awake. I'll be there when you get put under and I'll be there when you wake up," Normani's words reassured Dinah a little bit but the tears had already started falling down her cheeks.

"Please don't cry, baby. Please," Normani begged, wiping the tears away.

"Ask them if you can stay, please, Mani," Dinah pleaded.

"Okay, when they come in I'll ask again," Normani agreed, already knowing it was pointless.

The words still didn't stop Dinah's tears and Normani frowned.

"What's wrong? Does it hurt?" She asked, concerned.

"Everything hurts. They hurt me and it wasn't my fault," Dinah cried bitterly.

"I know, I know. It's fucking stupid," Normani was lost for words, she had no idea how to comfort her girlfriend.

"Did they hurt you anywhere else?" Lauren questioned, still holding her hand.

"Besides from the few odd bruises it's just her side. They're fucking lucky it's not severe," Normani's voice was harsh and Dinah cowered into her side.

"I don't want to be taken again," She whimpered softly.

"You won't be," Lauren assured her firmly.

"Or Mila?" Dinah checked.

"Or Mila," Normani confirmed.

"I was scared," Dinah's voice broke as a son escaped her lips and Normani released her from her grip. "Don't let me go-o. Plea-se."

"I'm just changing positions, baby. Come here," Normani pulled her so she was sat on her lap sideways, her head leant against her chest. Normani combed her fingers through the mass of blonde, damp hair whilst silent tears ran down Dinah's cheeks. "I've got you, you're okay now. Everything is going to be okay."