Fifty Three

"What's wrong?" Lauren asked for the umpteenth time that day.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Camila shook her head, the same answer she continued to give.

She tied her hair into a ponytail, placing a white bow at the front.

"Come here," Lauren made grabbing gestures with her hands and Camila walked over to where she was sat on the edge of the bed, placing her hands on Lauren's shoulders.

"What?" She questioned, sighing.

Lauren didn't respond, instead grabbing Camila's hands and turning them over palm up to reveal the scratches on the insides of her wrists.

"Are you gonna tell me what's wrong now?" Lauren raised an eyebrow and Camila pulled her hands away.

'No, I'm going to finish getting ready because people are coming soon," She said slowly, walking away and rummaging through the closet.

"Camila, if there's something wrong..." Lauren trailed off because Camila cut her off.

"There isn't," She argued, jumping as she pulled up a pair of denim shorts.

"If there is," Lauren tried again but Camila walked over to her, sitting on her lap and leaning back so she could look her in the eye.

"There isn't anything wrong, Lo. I promise," She said with a small smile.

"And you'd tell me if there was?" Lauren questioned and Camila nodded.

"I would," She confirmed, looping her arms tighter around her neck so she could pull herself closer. "What's got you all stressed, anyway?"

"Just worried," Lauren shrugged and Camila pushed her weight forward so Lauren fell back onto the bed.

"Well stop it," Camila grinned, laying on top of the older girl and hiding her face in the crook of her neck.

"Hey, no more. I've still got them from last time," Lauren squirmed when she felt Camila's lips move to latch onto the skin of her neck. When Camila didn't move, she pushed her head away, laughing. "I'm serious. The girls are coming soon!"

"Wear a scarf," Camila suggested, her words muffled.

"It's July," Lauren pointed out.

"So," Camila shrugged, "I can still kiss you whenever I want."

"Why are you such a perv," Lauren groaned as Camila connected their lips.

"I can stop," She said innocently, smiling when she felt Lauren's tongue run over her bottom lip.

Although Camila had initiated the kiss, Lauren was the one who took control, her tongue dominating.

They kissed until they were interrupted by the sound of loud knocks on the door.

"I'll go," Camila squealed, climbing off of Lauren and darting out of the room.

"No, I'm getting it," Lauren protested, jumping off of the bed and following her girlfriend quickly.

"I'm her best friend," Camila shouted as she ran into the kitchen, sprinting to the front door.

Lauren grabbed her arm, pulling her back and pinning her to the side of the island.

"Come in," She called, still pressed against Camila. "If I can't answer then you can't either."

"Why are you so passive aggressive?" Camila huffed as Normani and Dinah walked in.