Four

Four days had passed and it was officially the day before Lauren had to kill Camila. It felt weird to put a name to the brunette's face after just referring to her as 'munchkin' or 'stranger'.

Lauren decided she preferred to call her munchkin.

"Hey, I'm just letting you know that I'm going out," Lauren informed the younger girl who was still sat in the basement.

Despite Lauren's many attempts to convince her to leave, she refused to stay in any other room.

"Please stay," Camila pleaded, her voice barely audible, "don't leave me."

"What's wrong munchkin, scared of storms?" Lauren chuckled.

It had been raining all day and it was now eleven o'clock. The wind was howling and thunderstorms predicted for later that day.

"Oh my god you are," Lauren exclaimed when Camila didn't reply. "Sorry munchkin, I have to go out, it's my job."

"Take me with you, how do you know I won't try to escape," Camila challenged and Lauren let out a dry laugh.

"One, I could think of nothing worse than being stuck in a car with you, two, people would see you and three, the whole house is alarmed and I'm locking you in here so you can't get out," With every reason Lauren listed off Camila felt her heart drop a little bit more.

She hated thunderstorms.

She was scared of many things. Meeting new people, the dark, crowds, nearly any public situation, but she was terrified of storms.

When she was a kid the minute she heard thunder she would crawl in between her parents in their bed and when she got too big for that she would curl up in her bed, play music on her headphones at full volume and in most cases, cry.

"Please," Camila repeated hopelessly and Lauren swore she could feel her heart break at the fearful tone of her voice.

And that scared her more than anything.

"I need to go," She snapped, trying to push the last thought of of her head. She stormed up the stairs, slamming the door to the basement closed and locking it, placing the key in her back pocket.

After checking all the alarms in her house were working, she walked out of her large house, locking the door before pulling up her head and running to her car.

Camila wasn't sure how long it was, but after what seemed to be an hour the first bang of thunder shook the house.

She let out a shriek as the first rumble sounded, pulling her knees closer to her chest. Not long after lightning flashed and Camila clenched her eyes shut, curling up in the corner.

"Breathe Camila," She mumbled, willing herself to relax.

All of her calmness disappeared when it rumbled for the second time and she could feel tears brimming her eyes.

She was locked in a house on her own. If something happened no one would know.

She was miles away from everything and as far as anyone knew, she was at home with her father.

Her breathing began to quicken as the storm got worse and her heart began to pound so hard against her chest it started to hurt. She clutched one hand over it, trying to steady her rapid breathing.

It wasn't long before her chest began heading up and down and she realised what was going to happen.

She was going to have a panic attack.

"No no no no," She cried, knotting her fingers in her long hair and pulling on it.

She had anxiety attacks from being as young as thirteen.