Forty one

"If I told you that I had a secret that i was willing to tell you would you promise not to say anything?" Lauren questioned the nurse currently checking her vitals.

The nurse also happened to be her cousin, although she was more like a sister to her.

"I'd say that you aren't very good at keeping secrets considering Camila Cabello is currently asleep on your bed," She flashed Lauren a bright smile.

"Don't tell anyone Maria," The green-eyed girl pleaded.

"Your secret is safe with me," Maria crossed her heart, wrapping an blood rate monitor around her arm, "besides, who am I to tell when my girlfriend is also a secret."

Maria's father, Lauren's uncle, was incredibly homophobic and insisted that Maria was simply going through a phase even though she was twenty two and had been going through this phase for six years now.

Camila stirred at the sudden movement of Lauren, rubbing her eyes.

"Hey baby," Lauren stroked back her hair and Camila offered a dazed smile, "you've slept for nine hours, it's one in the afternoon."

"I'm sorry," Camila rubbed her eyes again, sitting up.

"Don't be, you needed it, besides, I like watching you sleep," Lauren smiled.

"That isn't creepy at all," Maria spoke, startling Camila.

"Who are you?" She asked nervously and Lauren reached out to hold her hand but before she could answer Maria spoke. 

"Who are you?" She raised an eyebrow and Camila's mouth opened but no sound came out, "kidding, you're Camila Cabello, you're all over the news. I could make a fortune off of you."

Camila looked at Lauren frantically but the older girl only laughed.

"She's my cousin, and a bitch," Lauren threw a pillow at the now laughing woman who caught it and threw it back, "ow! I'm injured!"

"Shouldn't have thrown it first, cocky bitch, you aren't special just because you're dumb enough to get shot," Maria scoffed and Lauren noticed the frown on Camila's face.

"She's kidding, she knows I'm special," She joked, squeezing Camila's hand.

"Special needs," Maria murmured before continuing with her check-up, "I need to change your dressing."

"Will you get me a drink please, I'm dehydrating," Lauren turned to Camila who stayed oblivious.

"Yes, you should have said something sooner, I'll go right now. I'll be quick, I promise, you don't have to worry, I'll be back to look after you," She rambled, standing up and slipping into her pair of sandals.

"Hey, don't run, you'll end up breaking you leg or something," Lauren laughed and Camila nodded.

"Okay, I'll walk fast," She agreed, turning to leave but Lauren caught her by the wrist, pulling her closer.

"Thank you, I love you," She mumbled, pecking Camila's plump lips and the younger girl jumped a little bit but didn't react to badly.

"I love you more, I'll go now and get you a drink," She smiled before dashing off.

"She looks after you?" Maria raised a questioning eyebrow as she pulled up Lauren's t-shirt revealing the large bandage.

"She likes to think she does, normally it's the other way round so who am I to strip her of her chance," Lauren shrugged, flinching a little as Maria undid the bandage.

"There's a drink right next to you, you know," She nodded to the bedside table to the bottle of water.

"Well she just about faints if she sees a cut so if she sees one this big, on me, she'd freak," Lauren told her and Maria nodded.