Thirty Eight

They were walking with no particular direction, their hands interlocked as per usual.

Between the pair of them, they'd managed to get Camila over the fence.

Lauren had asked if Camila wanted to go home, they were still slightly damp from swimming and Camila had took her sandals off because they were giving her blisters.

They'd also realized that Lauren had left the picnic basket in the car.

But Camila still declined.

She was enjoying her freedom whilst it lasted.

"A park," She exclaimed, pointing to the playground in the distance.

"A child," Lauren pointed to Camila who tilted her head to the side, narrowing her eyes.

"Boring, race you there," She took off running and Lauren rolled her eyes, sprinting after her.

She thought about passing the smaller girl but decided against it, instead, grabbing her around her waist and pulling her to the floor, sitting on her stomach.

"Lauren, get off me, fat ass," Camila shrieked and Lauren looked around, embarrassed in case someone heard.

Luckily, it was empty.

"You love my fat ass," She smirked and Camila kicked the floor.

"Not in this moment I don't, get off me," She pleaded helplessly.

"Get from under me," Lauren raised an eyebrow and Camila whined.

"I'll scream," She warned her and before Lauren could even react a loud shriek came from Camila's mouth.

"Shut the fuck up, dumbass," Lauren hurriedly climbed off her and Camila smiled triumphantly.

"Thank you," She shrugged happily, continuing to skip to the park as if nothing happened.

When Lauren caught up to her, Camila was on a swing.

"Push me," She called, kicking her legs impatiently and Lauren looked at her to see if she was serious.

She was.

Lauren rolled her eyes, placing her hands on Camila's back and giving her a push.

Camila decided that she loved swings.

Ever since she was a kid, she always had.

They made her stomach swoop and she could see everyone below her, something that never happened much due to her small height.

Lauren's arms began to ache after a while but hearing Camila's laugh erupt every time she swung down made her heart swell and she was seriously considering buying a swing set for the garden just to heard the sound.

It wasn't often Camila laughed nowadays.

"Young love," The sound of a voice from behind them sounded and Lauren visibly froze at the words.

She was caught.

She turned around to see an elderly woman talking to her husband.

"It's nice to see kids in love, don't let the world ruin that for you," The man smiled before they turned on their heel.

Camila had gradually slowed to a stop as Lauren had stopped pushing her so she climbed off the swing, making her way to her girlfriend.

"I think that's our cue to leave," Lauren said softly and Camila nodded in agreement.